Do you need a fast way to compare more affordable Volvo XC60 insurance in Durham? There isn’t anyone who looks forward to buying car insurance, particularly when they are paying too much.
It’s safe to assume that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. People who shop around will presumably switch companies because there is a significant possibility of finding a cheaper policy. A study discovered that people who shopped around every year saved $850 each year compared to people who don’t regularly compare prices.
If saving the most money on insurance is your objective, then learning about how to find and compare auto insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around. You have multiple insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, it makes it harder to locate the cheapest rates for Volvo XC60 insurance in Durham.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Durham is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to find the best rates using these methods. You just need to understand the most efficient way to compare price quotes instantly.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in Durham, NC. If you want to find the best car insurance in NC, we suggest you click on several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Affordable Durham car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies do not advertise all available discounts very well, so below is a list both the well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a safe driver class could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will save you 10% or more on XC60 insurance in Durham.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new XC60 can get you a discount because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers may receive reduced rates.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger online companies will give a small break simply for signing on your computer.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
Discounts lower rates, but most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce the cost of coverage.
The chart below shows the difference between Volvo XC60 insurance prices with and without discounts applied. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- 21st Century offers discounts including good student, automatic seat belts, theft prevention, anti-lock brakes, driver training, and homeowners.
- State Farm may offer discounts for student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, multiple autos, and driver’s education.
- AAA discounts include good driver, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good student, and multi-car.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for newly married, new vehicle discount, new move discount, teen driver discount, good student, exclusive group savings, and hybrid vehicle.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
Double check with every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in Durham.
Analysis of coverages
The data table shown next covers estimates of insurance prices for Volvo XC60 models. Having knowledge of how insurance prices are calculated can help you make decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC60 3.2 2WD||$102||$210||$240||$14||$72||$638||$53|
|XC60 3.2 AWD||$116||$210||$240||$14||$72||$652||$54|
|XC60 T6 AWD AWD||$116||$248||$240||$14||$72||$690||$58|
|XC60 T6-R AWD AWD||$128||$248||$240||$14||$72||$702||$59|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can influence coverage prices substantially.
Durham car insurance companies
Finding a good quality car insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies there are to choose from in North Carolina. The ranking data shown next can help you decide which providers to look at when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Durham Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Durham Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
- The Hartford – 87%
Why Smart Buyers Pay Less for Volvo XC60 Insurance
Lots of things are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but other criteria are more transparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the things that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with big savings.
Listed below are some of the factors insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Higher coverage deductibles reduce costs – The deductibles you choose tell how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Coverage for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims could be a windshield broken by a bird, fire damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Bundle policies to earn discounts – Most major companies give a discount for people that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to get quotes from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Your location is a factor – Living in areas with lower population is a positive aspect when talking about insurance. Less people means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers who live in large North Carolina cities have to deal with traffic congestion and more time behind the wheel. Spending more time driving means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Add-on coverages are wasting money – There are quite a few additional coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your insurance policy. Coverages like rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Gals tend to be lower risk – Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. Men and women get in accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Volvo XC60 yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Your stress level may be raising your prices – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupations such as judges, air traffic controllers, and emergency personnel are shown to have higher average rates in part from intense work situations and lengthy work days. Conversely, occupations such as professors, students and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
Volvo XC60 insurance loss probability – Companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that tend to have high amounts or severity of claims will have increased rates. The information below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Volvo XC60 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more claims or statistically larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Volvo XC60 Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo XC60 4dr 2WD 79 74 70 60 53 55 Volvo XC60 4dr 4WD 93 82 75 66 64 57BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years