Purchasing discount Durham Acura RL insurance quotes can be overwhelming for beginners to comparison shopping over the internet. With dozens of insurers available, how can anyone have the ability to compare every company in order to find the cheapest rates?
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. People who shop around for the cheapest rate are likely to switch companies because there is a great chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A survey found that drivers who regularly compared price quotes saved $72 a month compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest rates on auto insurance in Durham is your intention, then understanding how to shop for car insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Consumers need to quote other rates on a regular basis since prices change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Acura RL insurance in Durham two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of information about RL insurance online but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some solid techniques on how to lower your car insurance bill.
Quoting and comparing the cheapest coverage in Durham is not as difficult as people think. Nearly every driver who has to purchase car insurance will more than likely find lower prices. Although North Carolina car owners do need to know how companies determine premium rates and use it to your advantage.
Most major insurance companies give pricing directly from their websites. Obtaining pricing for Acura RL insurance in Durham is pretty painless because you just enter your coverage preferences on the page. When complete, the system collects your credit score and driving record and provides a quote based on the information you submitted.
Getting online quotes for Acura RL insurance in Durham makes comparing rates easy, and it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to find the lowest payment.
To compare rates using this form now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended that you enter deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you’re receiving a rate comparison for similar coverage.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Durham, NC. If you want to find the best car insurance in North Carolina, we suggest you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
Acura RL insurance statistics and information
The data table shown next outlines a range of insurance prices for Acura RL models. Having a good understanding how insurance premiums are established helps drivers make smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RL 3.7 with Tech Package||$256||$582||$282||$16||$84||$1,220||$102|
|RL 3.7 with Tech/CMBS Package||$256||$582||$282||$16||$84||$1,220||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in specific Durham garaging location which can increase or decrease coverage prices noticeably.
The information below shows how different deductible levels and can raise or lower Acura RL insurance prices for different categories of driver ages. The information is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance just makes sense
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure an Acura in Durham, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability if you want to drive legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Acura RL with a loan, almost every bank will require that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Acura for a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $700 annually so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that help calculate the price you pay for insurance. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with cheaper rates.
The list below includes some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
More than one policy can earn a discount – Most companies afford discounts to policyholders that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten percent or more. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to shop around to ensure the best deal. It’s possible to still save even more by buying insurance from a different company.
Poor driving means higher costs – Careful drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Even a single driving citation may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. People who have dangerous violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
The example below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims increase Acura RL car insurance rates for different insured age categories. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Pleasure use saves money – Driving more miles in a year the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies charge rates based on their usage. Cars used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. Having an incorrect usage rating on your RL can cost quite a bit. It’s always a good idea to double check that your policy reflects the proper vehicle usage.
Poor credit decisions can cost you – Having a good credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. Consumers who have excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have worse credit. Therefore, if your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you may save money insuring your Acura RL by improving your credit score.
Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – There are a lot of add-on coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t diligent. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and extra equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when discussing your needs, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Advanced theft deterrents – Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help stop car theft.
Prevent insurance lapses – Not having insurance is against the law and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage could earn you a license revocation or jail time. You will then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the North Carolina motor vehicle department.
Insurance loss data for Acura RL vehicles – Insurers use past insurance losses when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more to insure. The next table illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Acura RL vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura RLX 4dr||128||63||179||82|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Acura RL insurance rates in Durham
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may be missing some discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Claim-Free Discount – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Durham car insurance quote.
- Driver Safety – Passing a defensive driver course is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Durham car insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies offer discounts for signing up early. You may see this discount when you get Durham car insurance quotes online.
- Multi-line Discount – Select companies reward you with lower prices if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Acura RL insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for anti-theft, passive restraint, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple policy.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, good student, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, and military active duty.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include new graduate, teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, good student, and newly retired.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for vehicle fuel type, good student, anti-theft, air bag, bundle, and driver training.
- MetLife may include discounts for defensive driver, multi-policy, good driver, good student, and accident-free.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. If you would like to see a list of companies with significant discounts in Durham, follow this link.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique and your car insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you may require specific advice.
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Are insurance agencies used anymore?
A small number of people would rather have an agent’s advice. A good thing about comparing rates online is you may find better rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from local insurance agents is important particularly in Durham.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Durham who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency because prices are sent immediately to your email address. Get lower rates without a big time investment. If you need to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
When searching for a reliable agent, you should know the different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Durham agents can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparison shopping, you should always compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may have better rates.
Below are Durham independent agents who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- Bowen Agency, Inc.
4905 Pine Cone Dr Suite 5 – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 929-4222 – View Map
- Marsh Dawson Insurance Agency
5410 – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 484-8400 – View Map
- Protective Agency
4215 University Dr #1 – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 416-4900 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. They are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Many people use the same agent primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
The following are Durham exclusive insurance agents that are able to give price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Cody Holliday
4324 S Alston Ave – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 249-7291 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Craig Insurance Group Inc
6224 Fayetteville Rd #106a – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 544-8484 – View Map
- Chuck Barham State Farm®
3823 Guess Rd – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 477-7300 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Durham?
- Is there a local claims center in Durham?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
Upon receiving acceptable answers to any questions you have and an acceptable price quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that can be relied on to adequately provide insurance. Just keep in mind it’s your coverage and you can terminate coverage for any reason so never assume that you are permanently stuck with a specific agent with no way to switch.
One last thing to lower rates
You just learned a lot of tips how to compare Acura RL insurance auto insurance rates in Durham. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Durham car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with the smaller companies. These smaller insurers can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Steps to finding lower priced Acura RL insurance in Durham
To save the most money, the best way to find better pricing on Acura RL insurance is to compare quotes annually from companies in Durham.
- Step 1: Try to learn about car insurance and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as accidents, careless driving, and a bad credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you enter identical coverages on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
Additional car insurance information is located at the links below
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- How Much are Durham Auto Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Mazda CX-7 in Durham? (FAQ)
- How Much is Durham Car Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Durham? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)