Remarkably, a study showed that a large majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never compared rates from other carriers. Most drivers in America could save up to $859 every year just by shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find the cheapest price for Buick Verano insurance in Durham is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers in North Carolina. This can be done by following these guidelines.
First, gain an understanding of the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents and your credit history can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for information to prevent high prices and get additional discounts.
Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Verano coverage is available in Durham. If you find a better price, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A good piece of advice is to try to use similar coverage information on every price quote and and to get prices from every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list every available discount very well, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Smart Student Discounts – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for lower premium rates.
- Telematics Devices – Durham drivers who agree to allow companies to track their driving habits by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts as opposed to frequent claim filers.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic. But all discounts will definitely reduce your policy premiums.
The best car insurance companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- The Hartford has savings for vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, defensive driver, driver training, and bundle.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for multi-policy, location of vehicle, multi-car, annual mileage, ease of repair, and type of vehicle.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-theft, air bags, five-year accident-free, military active duty, good student, membership and employees, and emergency military deployment.
- AAA may have discounts that include education and occupation, multi-car, AAA membership discount, good driver, pay-in-full, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, good driver, passive restraint, multiple policy, and defensive driving training.
If you want affordable Durham car insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Durham. To see a list of companies with the best discounts in North Carolina, click this link.
How to get free Buick Verano insurance quotes online
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Durham, NC. If you want the best cheap car insurance in Durham, we suggest you get rates from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Will just any policy work for me?
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
You may need help from an insurance agent
Certain consumers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Professional agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find better rates but also keep your business local. Buying from local agents is especially important in Durham.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will return price quotes to get your business. There is no reason to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you want to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you’re trying to find a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they operate. Agencies in Durham are categorized either independent or exclusive. Either one can sell car insurance policies, but it’s important to know how they differ because it can factor into buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you compare quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with companies you’ve never heard of which can save you money.
Featured below is a list of independent agencies in Durham that can give you price quotes.
- Bowen Agency, Inc.
4905 Pine Cone Dr Suite 5 – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 929-4222 – View Map
- Insurance People-N Carolina
1920 Front St # 750 – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 383-0442 – View Map
- Joshua E. Matthews Insurance Agency, Inc.
2144 Page Rd Suite 106 – Durham, NC 27703 – (919) 598-6800 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the prominent brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Durham that are able to give price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Michael D. Maffeo
2705 N Duke St Ste 203 – Durham, NC 27704 – (919) 479-5085 – View Map
- Tracey Stidham – State Farm Insurance Agent
3622 Shannon Rd #102 – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 401-6147 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Reginald Wright
2310 S Miami Blvd Ste 131 – Durham, NC 27703 – (919) 484-2493 – View Map
Choosing an auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
Don’t give up on cheap premiums
When searching for inexpensive Durham car insurance quotes, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Low-cost Buick Verano insurance in Durham can be sourced from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
You just read a lot of techniques to get a better price on Buick Verano insurance in Durham. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a small local company. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More detailed insurance information is located in these articles:
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Durham? (FAQ)
- How Much are Durham Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Durham Auto Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)