We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Drivers who rate shop once a year will most likely buy a different policy because they stand a good chance of finding a cheaper policy. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who regularly compared rates saved as much as $70 a month compared to those who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding discount rates on insurance in Durham is your ultimate target, then having an understanding of how to find companies and compare car insurance can save time and make the process easier.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find cheaper auto insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from companies who provide auto insurance in Durham.
- First, try to learn a little about the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many things that result in higher prices such as careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for additional tips to help prevent costly coverage and find additional discounts.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. View companies
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One thing to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Rates and statistics
The premium table displayed next highlights different insurance policy prices for Jeep Commander models. Having a good understanding how insurance quotes are figured can be valuable when making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Commander Sport 2WD||$248||$324||$326||$20||$98||$1,016||$85|
|Commander Sport 4WD||$248||$382||$326||$20||$98||$1,074||$90|
|Commander Limited 2WD||$276||$382||$326||$20||$98||$1,102||$92|
|Commander Limited 4WD||$276||$382||$326||$20||$98||$1,102||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can affect insurance rates greatly.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Jeep Commander yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The data is based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Smart Consumers Know How to Buy Auto Insurance Cheaper
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that are used to determine your auto insurance rates. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find big savings. Lots of things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but others are less apparent like where you live or your commute time.
- When should you file auto insurance claims? – If you file claims often, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies in North Carolina award discounts to policyholders who do not file claims often. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts – Most companies give discounts to buyers that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to compare other Durham Commander insurance rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Auto insurance lapses lead to higher rates – Allowing your coverage to lapse can be a sure-fire way to bump up your auto insurance costs. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Vehicle theft costs us all – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help stop auto theft.
- Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates directly to fewer claims which can result in lower premiums. If the Jeep Commander scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may cost less to insure.
Are you male or female? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Females and males have at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
The illustration below shows the difference between Jeep Commander insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
- Being married pays dividends – Getting married helps lower the price on your auto insurance policy. It demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Driving citations increase premiums – Having a clean driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Attentive drivers get better rates as compared to careless drivers. Having just one speeding ticket could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Drivers who have received serious violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to prove financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
The chart below highlights how traffic violations and fender-benders impact Jeep Commander auto insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Which auto insurance company is best in North Carolina?
Insuring your vehicle with the best insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Durham. The ranking information shown below may help you analyze which providers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Durham Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
- The Hartford – 87%
Cheaper car insurance rates are possible
We just presented many ideas to find lower-cost Jeep Commander insurance in Durham. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Durham auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the best premium rates are with a small local company.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price.
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation, questionable increases in premium or even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Even more information can be read at these sites:
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Durham Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Durham? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Durham? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)