If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get the cheapest Mazda 6 insurance in Durham is to compare prices annually from providers who sell insurance in North Carolina.
- Learn about policy coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a substandard credit score can be amended by paying attention to minor details. This article provides additional tips to help find cheaper rates and get additional discounts.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
An important note is to make sure you enter identical coverage information on every quote and and to compare every company you can. This enables a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
It’s amazing but nearly 70% of drivers have been with the same company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Many drivers in Durham could pocket approximately 10% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rate quotes online.
If you have insurance now or just want cheaper rates, you can use these tips to shop for the lowest rates and still get good coverage. Buying affordable car insurance in Durham can be easy if you know a few tricks. Consumers just need to use the least time-consuming way to buy car insurance over the internet.
The best way we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Mazda 6 insurance in Durham is to know the trick most of the larger companies participate in a system to give rate comparisons. To get started, all you need to do is give the companies some data including whether you have decent credit, what you do for a living, how much education you have, and if it has an alarm system. Your rating data is instantly provided to all major companies and you receive quotes quickly.
To start a quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in North Carolina. If you wish to find cheaper car insurance in NC, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Analysis of coverages
The price information displayed below showcases detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Mazda 6 models. Being more informed about how premiums are established can help drivers make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|6 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$194||$356||$256||$16||$76||$898||$75|
|6 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$194||$356||$256||$16||$76||$898||$75|
|6 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$194||$356||$256||$16||$76||$898||$75|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$356||$256||$16||$76||$924||$77|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$356||$256||$16||$76||$924||$77|
|6 I Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$420||$256||$16||$76||$988||$82|
|6 S Touring Plus 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$420||$256||$16||$76||$988||$82|
|6 S Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$420||$256||$16||$76||$988||$82|
|6 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$420||$256||$16||$76||$988||$82|
|6 S Grand Touring 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$420||$256||$16||$76||$988||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in specific zip code location which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates greatly.
How accidents and violations affect rates in Durham
The illustration below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault claims can impact Mazda 6 car insurance costs for different insured age categories. The prices are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The illustration below shows the difference between Mazda 6 car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. Data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no definitive rule to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Mazda 6 replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $200 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some conditions where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that are used to determine car insurance rates. If you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may result in lower rates.
The items below are some of the things car insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Is you vocation costing you more? – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers like lawyers, architects, and emergency personnel usually pay higher rates than average attributed to high stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, occupations such as scientists, historians and homemakers pay the least.
- Save money with theft deterrents – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart thieves such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help stop car theft.
- Do you really need the extra coverages? – Insurance policies have a lot of extra bells and whistles that you can buy when buying car insurance. Insurance for things like personal injury protection, better glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing at first, but now you might not need them so consider taking them off your policy.
- Save money with higher physical damage deductibles – The deductibles are the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if the claim is covered. Protection for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be a windshield broken by a bird, damage caused by hail, and having a roll-over accident. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- Better rates on safer cars – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy.
Cheaper to insure gals? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes get in accidents in similar numbers, but the men have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Mazda 6 car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Mazda 6 claim data – Insurers include the past claim history for a vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that the data shows to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have a higher cost to insure. The information below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Mazda 6 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is represented as 100. Values that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Mazda 6 Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Mazda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda 6 99 92 112 94 98 94BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Choosing Mazda vehicle insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Mazda for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Mazda 6 and your personal assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Mazda gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Durham is overpaying more than $830 a year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.