Consumers who are new to the process of comparing prices online will discover purchasing affordable Kia Soul insurance rates in Durham is very challenging.
It’s a fact that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. People who compare rates at least once a year are highly likely to switch to a new company because there is a good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent survey discovered that people who compared price quotes annually saved on average $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding budget-friendly Kia Soul insurance is your target objective, then having a good understanding how to shop for coverages can make it easier for you to save money.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes as often as possible since insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Kia Soul insurance in Durham a year ago there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we’re going to show you one of the best ways to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Our objective is to help educate you on the most effective way to quote insurance and some tips to save money. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to find the best rates using the following tips. But North Carolina vehicle owners do need to understand the way insurance companies price insurance differently because it can help you find the best coverage.
All the larger auto insurance companies such as State Farm and Allstate allow you to get prices for coverage from their websites. Getting online quotes for Kia Soul insurance in Durham is pretty painless as all you need to do is type in your coverage information on the page. Once entered, the quote system obtains your driving record and credit report and returns a price.
Getting online price quotes for Kia Soul insurance in Durham makes comparing rates easy, and it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get a lower rate.
To quickly get comparison pricing now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you type in your coverages just like they are on your policy. This makes sure you will receive a price comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in North Carolina. To find the best cheap auto insurance in Durham, NC, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Durham Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can help you save on auto insurance since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of 20% or more.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Student in College – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Durham and don’t have a car could get you a discount.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to analyze vehicle usage by using a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course if it’s offered in school.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Kia Soul yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums assume a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Auto insurance companies that may have these benefits possibly include:
If you need cheaper Durham auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in Durham. To find companies who offer discounts in Durham, click here to view.
Kia Soul detailed coverage information
The rate table displayed next covers a range of rate quotes for Kia Soul models. Having insight into how insurance rates are established can be of help when making decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in zip code location which can alter premium rates substantially.
Cost of full coverage in Durham
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Kia Soul insurance premiums when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The information is based on no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There isn’t a steadfast formula to eliminate full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s pretend your Kia Soul replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $600 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Informed Drivers Can Reduce Their Insurance Prices
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but some are more obscure like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
- More stress means more cost – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupational choices like judges, executives, and medical professionals tend to pay the highest rates because of stressful work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, jobs such as farmers, historians and retirees pay the least.
Insurance premiums and driver gender – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. That doesn’t necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Women and men are in at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but males get into accidents with more damage. Men also statistically get ticketed for serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
The diagram below shows the difference between Kia Soul yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Obey driving laws and save – Drivers with clean records receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Even a single chargeable violation can bump up the cost substantially. People who have license-revoking violations like DUI or willful reckless driving might be required by their state to complete a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
The diagram below illustrates how violations and at-fault fender-benders impact Kia Soul insurance rates for different age categories. The costs are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
- Your credit history is important – A driver’s credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with bad credit. Therefore, if your credit history can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Kia Soul by repairing your credit.
- Choose high safety ratings and save – Cars with five star safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If your Kia scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Location can affect price – Residing in small towns and rural areas can save you money when talking about car insurance. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents. Drivers in populated North Carolina areas regularly have much more traffic and a longer drive to work. More time commuting can result in more accidents.
Kia Soul insurance claim data – Companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when determining insurance rates. Models that historically have higher losses will cost more to insure. The table below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Kia Soul vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Kia Soul Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Soul 89 98 84 138 138 118BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare prices but buy from a local neighborhood Durham car insurance agent
Certain consumers just want to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheaper rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is still important in Durham.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents that can provide free Durham auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent directly to you. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to compare rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you’re trying to find an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures to choose from. Agents in Durham can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company and that allows them to write policies through many companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also write with mutual insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Featured below are independent insurance agents in Durham who may provide cheap rate quotes.
- Marsh Dawson Insurance Agency
5410 – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 484-8400 – View Map
- Bowen Agency, Inc.
4905 Pine Cone Dr Suite 5 – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 929-4222 – View Map
- Protective Agency
4215 University Dr #1 – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 416-4900 – View Map
These agents are contracted to one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Durham that can give you price quote information.
- Tracey Stidham – State Farm Insurance Agent
3622 Shannon Rd #102 – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 401-6147 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Caufield Agency
4845 Industry Ln Ste D – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 493-7471 – View Map
- Marty Lindsey – State Farm Insurance Agent
1852 Hillandale Rd – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 479-9671 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. Any agent in Durham should be willing to answer these questions.
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
Durham auto insurance companies
Ending up with a high-quality car insurance company can be challenging considering how many choices you have in Durham. The company information in the next section may help you choose which auto insurance companies to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 Durham Car Insurance Companies Overall
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
Quote more and you will save more
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including high prices, delays in responding to claim requests, being labeled a high risk driver or even lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
Discount Kia Soul insurance in Durham is possible online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Durham auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies work with independent agents.
When shopping online for insurance, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
Steps to finding better rates for Kia Soul insurance in Durham
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get discount Kia Soul insurance is to regularly compare quotes from companies in Durham.
First, try to learn a little about how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents and a bad credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new company or agent. Don’t forget to keep the new proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
More tips and info about insurance is located at these sites:
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Durham Auto Insurance Rates for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Seniors in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Durham? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)