Astonishing but true, nearly 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Many consumers in Durham can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rate quotes.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get cheaper Toyota Prius V insurance in Durham is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies who sell insurance in North Carolina. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about individual coverages and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a substandard credit score can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for additional tips to lower rates and find more discounts that you may not know about.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies. View prices
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
An important note is to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
If you have coverage now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using these techniques. Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Durham is really not that difficult. Although North Carolina drivers benefit from understanding the way companies price insurance differently because it can help you find the best coverage.
The quickest way to compare car insurance rates for Toyota Prius V insurance in Durham is to know the trick most of the bigger providers provide online access to provide you with free rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like if your license is active, if it has an alarm system, how much school you completed, and which vehicles you own. Your information gets sent immediately to many different companies and you receive quotes with very little delay.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Toyota Prius V now, click here and complete the form.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in North Carolina. If you want cheaper auto insurance in Durham, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance policy discounts for Toyota Prius V insurance in Durham
Companies that sell car insurance do not list all available discounts very clearly, so we break down a few of the more common as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Durham auto insurance online.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Toyota can qualify you for slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for a slight reduction on a Durham auto insurance quote.
- Own a Home – Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Telematics Data – Insureds who allow companies to spy on driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they have good driving habits.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts include:
- AAA offers premium reductions for good driver, good student, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, multi-car, and multi-policy.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, accident-free, good student, anti-theft, and multiple autos.
- Esurance may offer discounts for online quote, anti-lock brakes, online shopper, paid-in-full, DriveSense, anti-theft, and Pac-12 alumni.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, anti-theft, accident-free, and good student.
If you want affordable Durham auto insurance quotes, ask each company to give you their best rates. A few discounts may not apply in every state.
Cut Insurance Costs with These Tips
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that are used to determine your premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
- With age comes responsibility – Older people are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable. Drivers with little experience are statistically proven to be inattentive behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates.
- Annual mileage impacts rates – The higher the miles on your Toyota in a year the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that do not get driven very much can be on a lower rate level compared to those used for work or business. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Prius V may be costing you. Double check that your vehicle rating is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
- Driving citations will cost you – Even one chargeable violation can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Drivers with clean records get better prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers with serious violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Limits of liability coverage – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance provides coverage when a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. It is affordable coverage when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Poor credit decisions can cost you – An insured’s credit history can be an important factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Drivers with excellent credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have lower ratings. So if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Toyota Prius V if you clean up your credit.
- Know your vehicle’s NHTSA crash test rating – Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you.
Toyota Prius V claim statistics – Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when setting rates for each model. Models that statistically have a trend towards higher claims will have higher premium rates. The next table illustrates the historical loss data for Toyota Prius V vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, equals 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Toyota Prius V Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Prius V Hybrid 94 86 88 88 94 97BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Are insurance agencies used anymore?
Many drivers prefer to talk to an insurance agent. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Durham that provide free Durham auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to leave your computer because prices are sent to your email. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
If you are searching for a local agent, there are two types of insurance agents and how they operate. Auto insurance agents are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are Durham exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quote information.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing auto insurance rates, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Shown below are independent agencies in Durham willing to provide comparison quotes.
Superior Insurance of Durham
3825 S Roxboro St #118 – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 224-8034 – View Map
What is the best car insurance company in North Carolina?
Selecting a highly-rated insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Durham. The company ratings shown below may help you analyze which car insurance providers to look at comparing rates from.
Top 10 Durham Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
- Titan Insurance
Top 10 Durham Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Some companies may not provide online quoting and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents. Cost effective Toyota Prius V insurance can be bought both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can reduce Toyota Prius V insurance prices online in Durham. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices come from a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies often have lower rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
More tips and info about car insurance is located by following these links:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Durham? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)