Are you sick of overpaying and want more affordable Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Durham? Finding cheaper Durham Chevy Captiva Sport insurance quotes over the internet may seem to be rather difficult for consumers who are new to online price comparisons. When there are so many companies in the marketplace, how are consumers able to have time to compare every one to find the lowest rates?
Unbelievable but true according to a study almost 70% of drivers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. With the average premium in North Carolina being $980, drivers could cut their rates by approximately $100 a year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t want to compare rates and save money.
Insurance Price Influencing Factors
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the factors that aid in calculating your policy premiums. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower insurance prices.
Shown below are some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
Annual mileage and car insurance rates – The more you drive annually the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies calculate rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that are left in the garage receive lower rates than those used for commuting. It’s always a good idea to double check that your policy is showing the correct usage. Incorrect rating for your Captiva Sport is just wasting money.
Do you really need to file those insurance claims? – If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in North Carolina generally give most affordable rates to insureds who are claim-free. Auto insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Youthful drivers cost more – Mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Youthful drivers are proven to be easily distracted when driving and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
You may save more by bundling policies – Lots of insurance companies will give discounts for people that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten percent or more. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to compare other Durham Captiva Sport insurance rates to ensure the best deal.There is a good possibility that you can save money by buying insurance from a different company.
Chevy Captiva Sport insurance loss data – Companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when determining insurance prices. Vehicles that statistically have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below shows the insurance loss data for Chevy Captiva Sport vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are 100 or greater indicate frequent claims or larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Captiva Sport 4dr 2WD||89||95||88||123||115||105|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The best way we recommend to compare rates for Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Durham takes advantage of the fact most insurance companies have advanced systems to compare their rates. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a little information such as if you are currently licensed, your credit rating estimate, level of coverage desired, and daily mileage. The rating information is submitted instantly to multiple top-rated companies and you get price estimates immediately.
To get price quotes for your Chevy Captiva Sport now, click here and complete the form.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide free quotes in Durham, NC. If you want cheap auto insurance in NC, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Auto insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Captiva Sport insurance, maintaining insurance is mandatory in North Carolina but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy, it’s most likely the lender will require you to buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at an extremely high rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Chevy. It will also cover many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Chevy gets damaged, your auto insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Captiva Sport greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America overpays more than $820 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Get cheaper Chevy Captiva Sport insurance rates in Durham
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Durham car insurance online.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- Multi-line Discount – Auto insurance companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but companies like Allstate and State Farm permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Good Student – Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Sign Online – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 get Durham car insurance on the web.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
If you would like to view auto insurance companies with discount rates in North Carolina, click this link.
Get rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Durham auto insurance agent
Many drivers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Durham.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is sent to local insurance agents in Durham who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you directly. You can find better rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Durham auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Durham can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different auto insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need lower rates, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Many independent agencies also insure through different regional companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Featured below is a list of independent agents in Durham that can give you free rate quotes.
- Tyson Insurance
3814 N Duke St # A – Durham, NC 27704 – (919) 471-8222 – View Map
- Marsh Dawson Insurance Agency
5410 – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 484-8400 – View Map
- Superior Insurance Durham North
3808 Guess Rd Suite J – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 973-1507 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents partially due to loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Durham that can give you price quote information.
- James Zewe – State Farm Insurance Agent
3500 Westgate Dr Ste 901 – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 489-0804 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Reginald Wright
2310 S Miami Blvd Ste 131 – Durham, NC 27703 – (919) 484-2493 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Craig Insurance Group Inc
6224 Fayetteville Rd #106a – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 544-8484 – View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
Auto insurance is unique, just like you
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Chevy Captiva Sport?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Persistence pays off
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to reduce Chevy Captiva Sport insurance car insurance rates online in Durham. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with the least-expected company.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Durham can be sourced online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies don’t offer rate quotes online and usually these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, switching auto insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
How to find cheaper Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Durham
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper prices for Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Durham is to do an annual price comparison from insurers who can sell car insurance in North Carolina. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as speeding tickets, accidents and poor credit can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources. View a list of agents
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, store the certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get prices from every company you can. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
To read more, link through to the articles below:
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for First-time Drivers in Durham? (FAQ)
- How Much is Durham Car Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Veterans in Durham? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Durham Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Durham Auto Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)