Acura RDX insurance cost image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
The best way we recommend to get discount auto insurance rates in Durham is to compare quotes annually from insurers in North Carolina.
- Read about how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as your driving record and bad credit can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. View rates
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One tip to remember is to try to compare similar coverage information on each quote and to quote with every insurance company. This ensures a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Sad but true, nearly 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. With the average premium in North Carolina being $976, drivers could save themselves about $94 a year just by shopping around, but they don't understand how simple it is to find affordable car insurance rates.
Affordable companies for Acura RDX insurance in North Carolina
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in North Carolina. In order to find the cheapest car insurance in North Carolina, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Detailed insurance information
The premium information displayed next outlines detailed analysis of coverage prices for Acura RDX models. Being aware of how insurance quotes are figured can assist in making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RDX Technology Package 2WD||$220||$420||$218||$12||$66||$936||$78|
|RDX Technology Package AWD||$220||$420||$218||$12||$66||$936||$78|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in garaging location in Durham which can decrease or increase premiums noticeably.
Discount Durham insurance rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that may help make it more affordable. Many discounts should be triggered at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Club Memberships - Being in certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on insurance.
- Life Insurance - Select insurance companies reward you with a discounted insurance rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Claim Free - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Good Student Discount - A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Resident Student - Children who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Theft Deterrent - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on RDX insurance in Durham.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren't that lucky.
The illustration below compares Acura RDX premium costs with and without policy discounts. The costs are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA offers discounts including anti-theft, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, good driver, and education and occupation.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for electronic funds transfer, early shopping, pay in full, teen driver, good student, and switch companies.
- GEICO includes discounts for good student, seat belt use, membership and employees, federal employee, military active duty, and emergency military deployment.
- Esurance has savings for anti-lock brakes, Switch & Save, online quote, good student, emergency road assistance, and safety device.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, safe driver, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, and homeowner.
- State Farm offers discounts for safe vehicle, multiple autos, multiple policy, driver's education, and accident-free.
When getting free Durham auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of companies with significant discounts in Durham, follow this link.
Exclusive versus independent car insurance agents
A lot of people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local agencies is still important in Durham.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to your email. Get lower rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, don't hesitate to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Multiple types of auto insurance agents in Durham
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reliable insurance agency, it's important to understand the types of agencies and how they function. Agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not write with just one company so they can write business amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to get insurance quotes from a few independent agents to maximize your price options.
Below are Durham independent agencies that can give you free rate quotes.
Agents of this type can only write with one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to compare other company's rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below are exclusive agents in Durham willing to provide comparison quotes.
Finding a good car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Is there a local claims center in Durham?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Durham?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Frequent quotes can save
As you restructure your insurance plan, it's not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an insured cut liability coverage limits only to discover later they didn't have enough coverage. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
A few companies may not offer internet price quotes and these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agencies. Budget-friendly car insurance in Durham can be sourced from both online companies and with local Durham insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Additional car insurance information can be read at these links:
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Retired Military in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Honda CR-V in Durham? (FAQ)
- How Much is Durham Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra in Durham? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Nurses in Durham? (FAQ)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)