It goes without saying that insurance companies don't want you to look for cheaper rates. Drivers who do rate comparisons are likely to switch to a new company because they stand a good chance of finding lower rate quotes. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved an average of $3,450 over four years compared to policyholders who don't make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on Acura RLX insurance is your objective, then learning a little about how to get price quotes and compare insurance premiums can make shopping around easier.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find more affordable Acura RLX insurance is to compare quotes once a year from different companies who provide auto insurance in Durham.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about coverages and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as distracted driving and an unacceptable credit history can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for many different companies. Compare rates now
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you're comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Lower-cost Durham auto insurance quotes with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some of these discounts will be visible when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before being credited. If you're not getting every credit available, you are just wasting money.
- Auto/Life Discount - Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you lower auto insurance rates if you buy life insurance.
- Distant College Student Discount - Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Durham and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Allstate and Progressive will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Federal Employees - Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won't be that lucky.
To find providers that offer multiple discounts in Durham, click here.
Free Durham Acura RLX insurance price quotes
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in North Carolina. In order to find the best cheap auto insurance in North Carolina, it's a good idea that you get rates from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to a policy, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent's assistance.
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in North Carolina?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance agents can help
Some people still like to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the quote information gets sent to insurance agents in Durham that can give you free Durham car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered directly to your email. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an company requires more thought than just a low price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- How many companies do they write for?
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either type can write auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know how they are different because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents are contracted to one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Some insured continue to choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Durham who may provide you with price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Cody Holliday
4324 S Alston Ave - Durham, NC 27713 - (919) 249-7291 - View Map
- Leslie Robinson State Farm Insurance
105 W North Carolina 54 #263 - Durham, NC 27713 - (919) 206-5096 - View Map
- Farm Bureau Insurance
4021 Stirrup Creek Dr #220a - Durham, NC 27703 - (919) 469-3191 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent.
When shopping rates, we recommend you include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. They often place coverage with companies you've never heard of that many times have cheaper rates.
Below are Durham independent insurance agents willing to provide price quote information.
- Superior Insurance of Durham
3825 S Roxboro St #118 - Durham, NC 27713 - (919) 224-8034 - View Map
- Insurance Pros: Paradis James
3200 Croasdaile Dr # 603 - Durham, NC 27705 - (919) 294-6613 - View Map
- Protective Agency
4215 University Dr #1 - Durham, NC 27707 - (919) 416-4900 - View Map
We've covered many ideas to reduce Acura RLX insurance prices online in Durham. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company.
Some companies may not have internet price quotes and these small, regional companies work with independent agents. Cheaper Acura RLX insurance in Durham is definitely available online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, policy non-renewal, not issuing a premium refund and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
More information is available below:
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- How Much are Durham Car Insurance Quotes for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in Durham? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Uninsured Drivers in Durham? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Durham, North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Durham? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Nurses in Durham? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents in Durham? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 4x4 Vehicles in Durham? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)