Honda Pilot insurance cost image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
It's safe to assume that car insurance companies don't want you to look for cheaper rates. People who shop around for better prices are very likely to switch to a new company because there is a good probability of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey revealed that consumers who compared prices once a year saved an average of $865 annually compared to those who never compared other company's rates.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance in Durham is your ultimate objective, knowing the best ways to find and compare car insurance can help make the process easier.
Truthfully, the best way to find cheaper Honda Pilot insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers in Durham. This can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that drive up the price such as traffic citations, accidents, and a bad credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article gives instructions to find cheap rates and earn larger discounts.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Notify your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. Make sure you place the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle's glove compartment or console.
A key point to remember is that you'll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
If you have a current insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to cut your premiums using the techniques presented in this article. This information will let you in on the most effective way to quote insurance and also pocket some savings But North Carolina consumers do need to learn how big insurance companies calculate your policy premium and use it to find better rates.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but some are more transparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices.
The itemized list below are most of the major factors companies use to determine rates.
- More people means more accidents - Being located in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices when buying auto insurance. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accident claims in addition to lower liability claims. People who live in big cities regularly have congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. More time commuting can result in more accidents.
Lower rates come with age - Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit. Teen drivers are statistically proven to be more careless when driving with friends so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
The next chart is based on a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Gender and insurance costs - The statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean females are better drivers. Females and males have at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but guys have accidents that have higher claims. They also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Honda Pilot yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims or violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- Get cheaper premiums after the wedding - Getting married can actually save you money when buying auto insurance. It is viewed as being more stable financially and it's proven that married couples file fewer claims.
More performance means more cost - The make and model of the vehicle you are insuring makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. The lowest performance passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The following data assumes a married female driver age 40, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Honda Pilot insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have different risk factors.
Loss probability for a Honda Pilot - Companies analyze past claim statistics to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Models that the statistics show to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher premium rates. The data below shows the historical insurance loss data for Honda Pilot vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Honda Pilot Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Pilot 4dr 2WD 70 96 69 82 82 86 Honda Pilot 4dr 4WD 79 105 81 88 74 82BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Honda Pilot insurance charts and tables
The information shown next covers estimates of insurance coverage prices for Honda Pilot models. Understanding more about how rate quotes are determined can help guide drivers when making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pilot LX 2WD||$116||$192||$302||$18||$90||$718||$60|
|Pilot EX 2WD||$132||$192||$302||$18||$90||$734||$61|
|Pilot EX 4WD||$132||$192||$302||$18||$90||$734||$61|
|Pilot EX-L 2WD||$132||$234||$302||$18||$90||$776||$65|
|Pilot EX-L 4WD||$132||$234||$302||$18||$90||$776||$65|
|Pilot Touring 2WD||$132||$234||$302||$18||$90||$776||$65|
|Pilot Touring 4WD||$132||$234||$302||$18||$90||$776||$65|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location information which can alter auto insurance rates greatly.
The example below shows how different deductible levels and can increase or decrease Honda Pilot insurance costs for each different age category. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Cautious drivers save money
The diagram below shows how traffic citations and fender-benders influence Honda Pilot annual premium costs for different ages of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
These discounts can lower your car insurance quotes
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but companies offer discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you quote, but a few must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Simply owning a home can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- 55 and Retired - Mature drivers are able to get better car insurance rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving less could earn substantially lower prices.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching companies before your current expiration date. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying a new car instead of a used Pilot may earn a small discount because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Multiple Policy Discount - When you combine your auto and home insurance and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive Honda Pilot insurance in Durham.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being on active duty in the military could mean lower prices.
- Student in College - Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Durham and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn't quite work that way.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Honda Pilot insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The prices are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- 21st Century offers discounts for air bags, good student, 55 and older, theft prevention, driver training, and automatic seat belts.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- State Farm may include discounts for student away at school, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, and passive restraint.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, family plan, business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- Esurance offers discounts including paid-in-full, Pac-12 alumni, homeowner, multi-car, online shopper, and emergency road assistance.
- The Hartford has discounts for bundle, vehicle fuel type, good student, anti-theft, defensive driver, and driver training.
If you need low cost Durham auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered everywhere. To see a list of car insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in North Carolina, click here.
Compare but don't skimp
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like denial of a claim, extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in paying claims or questionable increases in premium. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is not as hard as you think.
When shopping online for auto insurance, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where an insured cut physical damage coverage only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to save on Honda Pilot insurance in Durham. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Durham auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Durham Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Durham Car Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Durham? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents in Durham? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Durham? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)