Finding low cost prices for Jaguar XK insurance in Durham is challenging for drivers new to online price comparisons. People have so many options that it can easily turn into a difficult challenge to find better rates on Jaguar XK insurance.
Steps to finding cheaper Jaguar XK insurance in Durham
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get budget Jaguar XK insurance in Durham is to compare quotes once a year from insurers who sell auto insurance in North Carolina.
- Learn about how car insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a bad credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for more information to help reduce premium rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources. View prices
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new policy. Be sure to keep your new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
A tip to remember is to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
Astonishing but true, almost 70% of insureds have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. North Carolina drivers could save themselves $100 a year by just shopping around, but they don’t know the large savings they would see if they replace their high priced policy.
Quoting and comparing cheaper coverage in Durham can be fairly easy. Practically anyone who is looking for cheaper insurance should be able to cut their insurance bill. Nevertheless, North Carolina car owners need to have an understanding of how insurance companies market insurance on the web and use it to your advantage.
When shopping for low cost Durham car insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from companies that offer car insurance in North Carolina. One of the best ways to find the cheapest Jaguar XK insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
When comparison shopping, more quotes provides better odds of finding more affordable rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide rate quotes online, so it’s important to compare prices from them, too.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in North Carolina. To buy cheap car insurance in North Carolina, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Save money by receiving discounts
Some insurers don’t always advertise all discounts very clearly, so here is a list both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Durham car insurance online.
- Durham Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Durham can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure more than one vehicle with the same car insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on car insurance.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Multi-line Discount – Larger companies have better rates if you take out a life policy as well.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Jaguar XK premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums assume a female driver, no violations or claims, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm has savings for Drive Safe & Save, good student, good driver, student away at school, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
- American Family may have discounts that include early bird, air bags, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, bundled insurance, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-policy, anti-theft, good student, federal employee, and driver training.
- 21st Century includes discounts for 55 and older, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, good student, driver training, student driver, and early bird.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company how many discounts you can get. Discounts might not apply in Durham. If you would like to see a list of insurers with the best discounts in Durham, click here.
Rates and other information
The data table displayed next covers detailed analysis of insurance costs for Jaguar XK models. Having a better idea how rates are figured can assist in making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XK Portfolio 2-Dr Coupe||$246||$570||$204||$12||$60||$1,092||$91|
|XK 2-Dr Coupe||$246||$570||$204||$12||$60||$1,092||$91|
|XK Portfolio 2-Dr Convertible||$266||$522||$240||$14||$72||$1,114||$93|
|XK 2-Dr Convertible||$266||$522||$240||$14||$72||$1,114||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in specific location which can influence auto insurance rates greatly.
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can impact Jaguar XK annual premium costs for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Males versus Females
The example below shows the difference between Jaguar XK car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Jaguar XK car insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the North Carolina minimum liability coverage. The rate quotes are based on no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to buy liability coverage only
There isn’t a written rule to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Jaguar XK claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $300 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Why Your Insurance Prices might be higher
Many things are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but some are less obvious such as whether you are married or how safe your car is. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower rates.
More than one policy can earn a discount – Most major companies provide a discount to people who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to 10 percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal.
Discounts for married couples – Getting married may earn you lower rates on car insurance. It generally demonstrates drivers are more stable financially and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Older drivers save more – Teenage drivers in North Carolina are statistically shown to be more careless behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher. More experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.
The chart below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Insurance rates are higher for high performance vehicles – The performance level of the car you need to insure makes a significant difference in determining your rates. Economy passenger vehicles receive the most favorable rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The next chart uses these assumptions: married male driver age 20, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Jaguar XK insurance premiums compared to other vehicles that have a range of risk factors.
Insurance loss probability for a Jaguar XK – Car insurance companies use past insurance losses to help calculate premium prices. Models that tend to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher rates.
The data below shows the collected loss data for Jaguar XK vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, is set at 100. Percentage values below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jaguar XK 2dr||167|
|Jaguar XK Convertible||119|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When should I contact a local insurance agent?
Some consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is definitely important in Durham.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency because prices are sent instantly to you. It’s the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance company, feel free to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a good insurance agency, there are two different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance policy providers may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of which may have better rates.
Below is a small list of independent agents in Durham who may be able to give you free auto insurance quotes.
- George Stevens Insurance Inc
1320 Hill St – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 403-3611 – View Map
- Knox Insurance Agency
200 Meredith Dr Suite 104 – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 313-6411 – View Map
- Superior Insurance of Durham
3825 S Roxboro St #118 – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 224-8034 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are Durham exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- James Zewe – State Farm Insurance Agent
3500 Westgate Dr Ste 901 – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 489-0804 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Andrew F Jones
5242 Roxboro Rd Ste C – Durham, NC 27712 – (919) 477-7666 – View Map
- NC Farm Bureau Insurance
2902 S Miami Blvd Ste A – Durham, NC 27703 – (919) 544-4953 – View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- How many years have they been established?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
When quoting and comparing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Smart shoppers get results
Budget-conscious Jaguar XK insurance can be sourced online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some companies do not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to find cheaper Jaguar XK insurance in Durham. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
How to find the cheapest rates for Jaguar XK insurance in Durham
Really, the only way to save money on Jaguar XK insurance is to do an annual price comparison from insurers who sell auto insurance in Durham.
- Learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents and a bad credit score can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save money and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new insurer. As soon as coverage is bound, store the certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on each quote and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. This provides an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found in the articles below:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Durham? (FAQ)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)