If you want to save money, the best way to find cheaper quotes for Kia Soul EV insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from providers that sell auto insurance in Durham. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Learn about auto insurance and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit score can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for instructions to keep prices down and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Durham. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new coverage. Be sure to put the new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides a level playing field and maximum price selection.
Shocking but true, a large majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. North Carolina insurance shoppers could save $100 each year just by comparing rates, but they think it’s difficult to shop around.
Most of the larger companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get coverage price quotes online. Getting online rates for Kia Soul EV insurance in Durham is very simple as you just type in the coverages you want as requested by the quote form. Behind the scenes, their rating system automatically orders your driving and credit reports and returns a price based on many factors.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s very important to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the most affordable premium on auto insurance.
To get comparison pricing now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you enter the coverage information exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this guarantees you are getting rate comparison quotes for similar coverage.
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Durham, NC. If you want to find the best cheap car insurance in NC, it’s a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Protect more than your Kia vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Kia, most lenders will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Kia at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in North Carolina is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
How Car Insurance Companies Calculate Kia Soul EV Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are. It’s important that you understand some of the things that go into determining your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this enables informed choices that can help you get lower premium levels.
The items below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine your prices.
Low mileage costs less – The more miles you rack up on your Kia in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. Most companies calculate prices based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. Verify your declarations sheet states the correct usage. Incorrect rating for your Soul EV may be costing you.
Cut premiums and deter theft – Buying a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart auto theft.
Stay claim-free and save money – Auto insurance companies in North Carolina provide the lowest premiums to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
A car insurance policy lapse is a bad thing – Driving without insurance coverage in place is not a good idea and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in a revoked license or a big fine.
Gender and insurance – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes get in at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but males tend to have more serious accidents. They also get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male teenagers are the most expensive to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
Youthful drivers cost more – Young drivers in North Carolina are statistically proven to be less responsible in a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
Shop smart and save
We just presented a lot of techniques to compare Kia Soul EV insurance car insurance rates in Durham. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Durham auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, lack of trust in their agent, high prices and delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is less work than it seems.
Additional information can be read below:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Durham Auto Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)