It takes a little time, but the best way to find better pricing on Porsche Boxster insurance is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Durham. This can be done by following these steps.
- Try to understand the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for ideas to get better rates and earn a bigger discount.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. Compare rates
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit a signed application and payment for the new policy. Once the application is submitted, keep the new certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An important note is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
It goes without saying that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Consumers who perform rate comparisons are inclined to switch companies because there is a good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who compared prices once a year saved an average of $865 annually compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance is your ultimate goal, understanding how to get rate quotes and compare car insurance can make shopping around easier.
If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you can follow these tips to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Locating the best rates in Durham is much easier if you have a good place to start. Comparison shoppers just need to use the most efficient way to compare different rates from many different companies online.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in North Carolina. To locate the best cheap auto insurance in Durham, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Porsche Boxster insurance, buying insurance is required in North Carolina but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will force you to have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Porsche at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your Porsche Boxster and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Porsche as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Boxster more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance coverage details
The rate information displayed below covers detailed analysis of insurance prices for Porsche Boxster models. Learning as much as possible about how policy rates are calculated can aid in making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Boxster 2-Dr Convertible||$170||$348||$240||$14||$72||$844||$70|
|Boxster S 2-Dr Convertible||$186||$394||$240||$14||$72||$906||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can alter rates noticeably.
Men versus women drivers and insurance cost
The chart below compares Porsche Boxster yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Car insurance rates and discounts
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might be missing out on some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in a qualifying organization can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Paperless Signup – Many larger companies will give a small break get Durham auto insurance on their website.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring multiple cars or trucks with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn cheaper car insurance rates.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Porsche Boxster yearly insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
To choose insurers who offer online Porsche Boxster insurance quotes in Durham, click here to view.