How many years has it been since you compared low-cost Audi A8 insurance in Durham? Trying to find the cheapest insurance for an Audi A8 in North Carolina can be an all-consuming task, but you can use our car insurance buying tips to make it easier. There is a better way to buy car insurance and you need to know the best way to price shop coverage for your Audi and obtain the lowest possible price from Durham insurance agents and online providers.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that a large majority of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and just under half have never compared quotes from other companies. Most drivers in the United States could save themselves approximately $860 a year, but most tend to underestimate the actual amount they would save if they changed companies.
It’s important to do price comparisons before your next renewal because insurance prices change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Audi A8 insurance in Durham a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn how to use the internet to find great coverage at a great price.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Durham is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have a policy now or want to find a cheaper company, use these tips to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage. You just have to know the best way to compare price quotes online from multiple companies.
Finding a better price on insurance can be surprisingly simple. Drivers just need to invest a little time comparing free Durham auto insurance quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer comparison quotes in North Carolina. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in North Carolina, we suggest you click on several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Protect more than your Audi A8
Despite the high insurance cost for a Audi A8 in Durham, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Audi for a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Audi A8 coverage analysis
The table shown below showcases estimates of insurance rates for Audi A8 models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance prices are determined can help drivers make smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A8 4.2 Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$230||$438||$254||$16||$76||$1,014||$85|
|A8 4.2L Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$250||$484||$254||$16||$76||$1,080||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in your specific Durham location which can lower or raise premiums significantly.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Audi A8 car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The data is based on no claims or driving citations, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no specific rule of when to phase out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Audi A8 settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $700 annually for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Save money on Audi A8 insurance in Durham with these discounts
Some providers don’t always advertise every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Driving Data Discount – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to study where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have a lower premium rate if you buy some life insurance too.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children living away from Durham attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies allow discounts for switching policies before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house in Durham may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with the same company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Senior Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for reduced rates.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The information below shows the difference between Audi A8 auto insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The data assumes a female driver, no claims or violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of companies who offer discounts in North Carolina, click here to view.
When to get advice from an insurance agency
Some consumers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Durham that can give you free Durham auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to contact any agents because prices are sent instantly to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates from one company in particular, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- What companies can they write with?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
If you would like to find a reputable agency, there are two different types of agencies that you can select. Agents may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can handle auto insurance, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into your agent selection.
These agents write business for a single company such as Allstate and State Farm. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand instead of buying on price only.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Durham who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Andrew F Jones
5242 Roxboro Rd Ste C – Durham, NC 27712 – (919) 477-7666 – View Map
- Andy Jones – State Farm Insurance Agent
4519 N Roxboro St – Durham, NC 27704 – (919) 477-0054 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance Marsh Dawson Agency
821 Hanson Rd – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 806-5109 – View Map
These agents are not employed by one company and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you contact several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller mutual companies who may have lower rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Durham willing to provide rate quotes.
- Superior Insurance Durham North
3808 Guess Rd Suite J – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 973-1507 – View Map
- Insurance Pros: Paradis James
3200 Croasdaile Dr # 603 – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 294-6613 – View Map
- Insurance People-N Carolina
1920 Front St # 750 – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 383-0442 – View Map
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- What policy terms are available?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- What is the ISO rating for a Audi A8?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
One last thing about your coverage
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, high rates after DUI convictions, unfair underwriting practices and even poor customer service. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is actually quite simple.
Some companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers work with independent agencies. Cost effective Audi A8 insurance can be found online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to save on Audi A8 insurance in Durham. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices are with a smaller regional carrier.
How to find cheaper rates for Audi A8 insurance in Durham
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find low-cost auto insurance rates in Durham is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers who sell auto insurance in North Carolina.
First, read about how insurance works and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that increase rates like distracted driving and a low credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the newly selected company. Once received, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter identical coverages on each quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Durham? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Durham? (FAQ)
- How Much are Durham Car Insurance Quotes for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Durham? (FAQ)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)