Saving money on Honda HR-V insurance in Durham can seem to be a challenge for drivers not familiar with shopping for insurance online. There are so many agents and companies to choose from that it can easily turn into hard work to find the best coverage rates.
Steps to buying cheaper Honda HR-V insurance in Durham
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find cheaper car insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers that sell auto insurance in Durham.
First, try to understand car insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many factors that result in higher rates such as getting speeding tickets and an unfavorable credit rating can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a signed application for your new coverage. Be sure to keep your new proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
One bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Insureds who compare other prices are very likely to switch auto insurance companies because there is a significant possibility of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent auto insurance study discovered that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved as much as $70 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding low prices for car insurance in Durham is your objective, learning the best way to compare insurance rates can help make the process easier.
The goal of this article is to teach you a little about the best way to quote coverages and some money-saving tips. If you have auto insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas covered in this article. But North Carolina vehicle owners can benefit from knowing how insurance companies set your policy premium because rates are impacted by many factors.
The method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Honda HR-V insurance in Durham is to know the fact most of the larger companies provide online access to give you rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as whether you are married, your occupation, if it has an anti-theft system, and which vehicles you own. The rating information is sent automatically to insurance carriers in your area and they return cost estimate within a short period of time.
To start a quote now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies in the list below provide free rate quotes in Durham, NC. To buy the best cheap car insurance in NC, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
How You Can Control Honda HR-V Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but some are less apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Liability protection limits are a factor – Liability insurance will provide protection if ever you are found liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- How your age affects rates – Teen drivers in North Carolina are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates. More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, statistically cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Females tend to cost less – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Females and males cause accidents in similar numbers, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Marriage can lower premiums – Getting married helps lower the price compared to being single. Marriage may mean you are more mature and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Do you really need to file those policy claims? – Car insurance companies in North Carolina award the best rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Your car insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Drive less and get lower costs – The more you drive your Honda in a year the more you’ll pay to insure it. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based upon how much you drive. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use receive better premium rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Verify your insurance declarations sheet properly reflects how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. An improperly rated HR-V is just wasting money.
- Pay more by driving carelessly – Having a clean driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better prices compared to drivers with tickets. Only having one chargeable violation can increase rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have flagrant tickets like reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive.
Three good reasons to insure your Honda HR-V
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Honda HR-V in Durham, paying for insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your HR-V with a loan, almost every bank will require you to have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Honda at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Honda HR-V. It will also pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your HR-V outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in North Carolina overpays as much as $700 annually so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Which car insurance company is best in North Carolina?
Ending up with a good quality company can be challenging considering how many choices there are in North Carolina. The company ratings listed below can help you select which providers to look at when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Durham Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Durham Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
- Titan Insurance