Searching for better insurance prices for a Honda Insight in North Carolina could be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our auto insurance buying tips to save time. There is a right way and a wrong way to find auto insurance online so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to get price quotes for your Honda and get the best price possible.
You should take the time to do rate comparisons once or twice a year because auto insurance rates go up and down regularly. Just because you had the lowest rate on Honda Insight insurance in Durham a year ago there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the things you must know in order to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Compare Durham Honda Insight insurance rate quotes
Getting low cost Honda Insight auto insurance pricing is not rocket science. You just have to take a couple of minutes comparing rate quotes to see which company has the cheapest Honda Insight rate quotes.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in North Carolina. If you wish to find the best auto insurance in Durham, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need vehicle insurance in North Carolina
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Honda in Durham, auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Honda Insight, most banks will require you to have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Honda at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your Honda and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your auto insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America overpays as much as $750 every year so compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Rates and information analytics
The premium information displayed below showcases a range of insurance prices for Honda Insight models. Understanding how premiums are determined is important for making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in zip code location which can alter price quotes considerably.
Cost of full coverage in Durham
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Honda Insight annual premium costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The prices are based on no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There isn’t a steadfast formula of when to eliminate full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Honda Insight book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $700 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Get discounts to get affordable Durham insurance quotes
Some companies do not advertise every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy life insurance.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for cheaper insurance rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- Good Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Mature Driver Discount – Older drivers are able to get better insurance rates.
- College Student – Kids who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Durham auto insurance quote.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you cheap Insight insurance.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies provide a discount for switching policies before your current coverage expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Durham auto insurance online.
Don’t be shocked that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like you could get a free insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
The example below illustrates the difference between Honda Insight insurance premiums with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The data is based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Durham, click here to view.