The best way we recommend to get discount Lexus IS 250 insurance is to compare prices annually from different companies that sell auto insurance in Durham.
- Read and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause high rates such as speeding and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for additional tips to keep prices down and find overlooked discounts.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. Immediately put the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is that you use similar coverage information on every quote request and and to analyze all possible companies. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that nearly 70% of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for over three years, and almost half have never shopped around. Many consumers in North Carolina could save $94 every year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much they could save if they switch to a new company.
These tips will tell you how car insurance companies work and some money-saving tips. If you already have coverage, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using the ideas presented in this article. But North Carolina vehicle owners do need to learn how companies calculate their prices because rates fluctuate considerably.
Ways to get Lexus IS 250 insurance quotes in Durham
When comparison shopping, comparing a large number of companies gives you a better chance of getting the best offered rates.
The providers in the list below provide free rate quotes in North Carolina. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Premium rates and analysis
The information displayed below highlights a range of insurance premium costs for Lexus IS 250 models. Learning a little about how policy rates are established can help guide drivers when making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|IS 250 4-Dr Sedan||$212||$506||$256||$16||$76||$1,066||$89|
|IS 250 AWD 4-Dr||$238||$506||$256||$16||$76||$1,092||$91|
|IS 250 C 2-Dr Convertible||$238||$506||$302||$18||$90||$1,154||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can increase or decrease rates substantially.
Reckless driving habits raise insurance rates
The illustration below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can influence Lexus IS 250 car insurance costs for each age group. The information is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cost of full coverage
The information below visualizes the comparison of Lexus IS 250 insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no set rule for dropping physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s pretend your Lexus IS 250 replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $200 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Car insurance policy discounts for Lexus IS 250 insurance in Durham
Car insurance companies don’t list all available discounts very well, so we break down some of the more common and the more hidden ways to save on car insurance.
- Paper-free Discount – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application on the web.
- Low Miles Discount – Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Good Student – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Memberships – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with one insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- College Student Discount – Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Durham and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will definitely lower your premiums.
The example below illustrates the difference between Lexus IS 250 insurance prices with and without discounts. The information is based on a female driver, no violations or claims, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple autos, multiple policy, passive restraint, good student, Drive Safe & Save, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may offer discounts for military active duty, federal employee, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for preferred payment discount, teen driver discount, newly married, multi-policy, new graduate, multi-car, and new move discount.
- The Hartford may include discounts for air bag, defensive driver, driver training, good student, and anti-theft.
- MetLife offers discounts including accident-free, defensive driver, good student, claim-free, multi-policy, good driver
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, and multi-policy.
If you need cheaper Durham auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in your state.
Protect more than your IS 250
Despite the high cost, buying auto insurance is required for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your IS 250, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Lexus at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for it.
Third, insurance protects both your Lexus and your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your IS 250 definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in North Carolina is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Auto insurance can get complicated
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Lexus IS 250 is totaled?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Buying car insurance from Durham car insurance agents
Many drivers still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Durham.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Durham who will return price quotes for your business. You never need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You can find better rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to compare rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When looking for a reliable insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents that you can choose from. Car insurance agents in Durham can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents can quote rates with many companies and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to include price quotes from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison. Many write coverage with smaller mutual companies which could offer lower prices.
Below are independent agents in Durham that may be able to provide free rate quotes.
- Bowen Agency, Inc.
4905 Pine Cone Dr Suite 5 – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 929-4222 – View Map
- Tyson Insurance
3814 N Duke St # A – Durham, NC 27704 – (919) 471-8222 – View Map
- Hix Insurance Center
1533 Glenn School Road, Building C Unit A-14 – Durham, NC 27704 – (919) 220-3031 – View Map
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Many people buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand name and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Durham that can give you rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Ella Latreille
2005 N Pointe Dr Ste 3 – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 479-2077 – View Map
- James Zewe – State Farm Insurance Agent
3500 Westgate Dr Ste 901 – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 489-0804 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Andrew F Jones
5242 Roxboro Rd Ste C – Durham, NC 27712 – (919) 477-7666 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. A good agent in Durham will have answers to these questions.
- How long has the business existed?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Where are claims handled?
- Does their agency support local causes in Durham?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?