The preferred way to get affordable Lexus RC 200t insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from companies in Durham.
- Learn about car insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and poor credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. People who compare rates annually will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because the odds are good of finding a lower-cost company. A study discovered that consumers who regularly compared price quotes saved about $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest rates on car insurance in Durham is why you’re here, then having a good understanding how to shop and compare car insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
If you are already insured or just want a better rate, use these money-saving tips to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. Finding the most affordable auto insurance policy in Durham is not as time-consuming as you think. Shoppers just need to know the tricks to find the lowest price using one simple form.
Affordable companies for Lexus RC 200t insurance
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in Durham, NC. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get the lowest price.
Take policy discounts and save on Lexus RC 200t insurance in Durham
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there are discounts available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be asked about before they will apply. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Organization Discounts – Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break when shopping for auto insurance.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Allstate and Progressive will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Distant Student – Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though you would think you could get a free auto insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Large auto insurance companies and their possible discounts include:
- State Farm offers discounts for anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, safe vehicle, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for teen driver, youthful driver, mature driver, homeowner, pay in full, and alternative fuel.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, anti-theft, air bags, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, and defensive driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including multiple vehicles, multi-policy, good student, group or association, student away at school, and paid in full.
- The Hartford may include discounts for bundle, air bag, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, defensive driver, driver training, and good student.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for good student, youthful driver, safe driver, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- USAA may have discounts that include safe driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and annual mileage.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state.
There’s no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
When choosing the best insurance coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Shop online but buy locally
Certain consumers still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Professional insurance agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with small agencies is important particularly in Durham.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Durham who will give you quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If you need to compare prices from a specific company, just navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
When finding a good Durham insurance agent, there are two different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance agencies can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can properly insure your vehicles, but we need to point out how they are different since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you compare quotes from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most independent agents also contract with smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Durham that may be able to give you comparison quotes.
- The Insurance Pros, Inc.
1210 Cole Mill Rd Suite 101 – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 294-6613 – View Map
- Joshua E. Matthews Insurance Agency, Inc.
2144 Page Rd Suite 106 – Durham, NC 27703 – (919) 598-6800 – View Map
- George Stevens Insurance Inc
1320 Hill St – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 403-3611 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Durham who can help you get price quotes.
- Marty Lindsey – State Farm Insurance Agent
1852 Hillandale Rd – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 479-9671 – View Map
- NC Farm Bureau Insurance
2902 S Miami Blvd Ste A – Durham, NC 27703 – (919) 544-4953 – View Map
- Tracey Stidham – State Farm Insurance Agent
3622 Shannon Rd #102 – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 401-6147 – View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- How many years have they been established?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
Cheaper car insurance prices are available
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests or denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to shop for Lexus RC 200t insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
More detailed car insurance information can be found in the articles below:
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Sonata in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Durham Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)