If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get budget car insurance rates in Durham is to start comparing prices regularly from providers in North Carolina. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Gain an understanding of how your policy works and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an imperfect credit history can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. As soon as you can, place the new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to compare as many companies as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Unbelievable but true, a large majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. The average driver in North Carolina could save almost $94 every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to shop around.
Cheapest Mazda 3 insurance price quotes in Durham
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in North Carolina. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Durham, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Cheaper Mazda 3 insurance in Durham
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common as well as the least known car insurance savings.
- Good Grades Discount – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Good Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The example below shows the difference between Mazda 3 annual premium costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The information is based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, homeowner, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- American Family may offer discounts for air bags, mySafetyValet, early bird, TimeAway discount, and Steer into Savings.
- State Farm may include discounts for defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, driver’s education, multiple autos, anti-theft, and good driver.
- 21st Century offers discounts for student driver, driver training, homeowners, theft prevention, early bird, and 55 and older.
- Travelers may have discounts that include student away at school, new car, continuous insurance, multi-car, and payment discounts.
- GEICO has discounts for driver training, federal employee, anti-theft, membership and employees, and daytime running lights.
Before buying, ask every company to give you their best rates. Some discounts might not be offered in Durham. To view insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Durham, click this link.
Rate information and statistics
The table displayed next showcases a range of coverage prices for Mazda 3 models. Understanding how insurance prices are formulated is important to be able to make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|3 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$184||$398||$282||$16||$84||$964||$80|
|3 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$184||$398||$282||$16||$84||$964||$80|
|3 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$184||$470||$282||$16||$84||$1,036||$86|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Hatchback||$208||$470||$282||$16||$84||$1,060||$88|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$470||$282||$16||$84||$1,060||$88|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Hatchback||$208||$470||$282||$16||$84||$1,060||$88|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$470||$282||$16||$84||$1,060||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in your specific Durham location which can influence coverage prices substantially.
The chart below illustrates how your deductible choice and can influence Mazda 3 insurance premiums for different age groups of insureds. The information is based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The information below illustrates the comparison of Mazda 3 auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The information below illustrates the difference between Mazda 3 insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The costs are based on no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop full coverage
There isn’t a written rule to stop paying for physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Mazda 3 book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $500 annually to have full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.