If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find affordable quotes for auto insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies that insure vehicles in Durham. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Try to understand how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many factors that result in higher prices like accidents, traffic violations, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover instructions to help keep rates affordable and find hidden discounts.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources. Compare rates
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rates from every insurance company. This guarantees a level playing field and the best price selection.
It goes without saying that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who shop around for the cheapest rate will most likely switch companies because of the good chance of finding more affordable rates. Remarkably, a study showed that people who routinely compared rates saved $860 a year as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest rates on Nissan 370Z insurance is your ultimate goal, then having some knowledge of the best way to shop and compare insurance rates can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Insurance quotes and discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may be missing some discounts to help bring down the price. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but some must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies reward drivers for renewing your policy early. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in Durham can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on 370Z insurance in Durham.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will forgive one accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles could qualify for discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates when compared to accident-prone drivers.
Discounts lower rates, but most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The information below compares Nissan 370Z auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
To find insurers with discount insurance rates in Durham, click here.
Just remember that making a lot of price comparisons helps locate a better price.
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in Durham, NC. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Insurance coverage details
The rate information shown below highlights estimates of prices for Nissan 370Z models. Having a good understanding how insurance rates are determined can help drivers make informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|370Z 2-Dr Coupe||$130||$272||$286||$16||$86||$790||$66|
|370Z 2-Dr Roadster||$144||$272||$254||$16||$76||$762||$64|
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Coupe||$144||$306||$286||$16||$86||$838||$70|
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Roadster||$144||$272||$254||$16||$76||$762||$64|
|370Z Nismo 2-Dr Coupe||$144||$342||$286||$16||$86||$874||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect coverage prices significantly.
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can influence Nissan 370Z insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. Data assumes a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Reckless driving habits raise Durham car insurance rates
The diagram below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions impact Nissan 370Z insurance prices for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Smart Buyers Can Slash Their Insurance Costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower rates. Lots of things are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but other criteria are less obvious such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
Rates for men may be higher – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Males and females have fender benders at a similar rate, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also get cited for more serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Nissan 370Z insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
- Alarm systems lower premiums – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart vehicle theft.
- Incidental coverages you don’t use – Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages that can waste your money on your 370Z policy. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but now you might not need them so consider taking them off your policy.
- More policies can equal more savings – Lots of companies apply a discount to buyers who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it’s in your best interest to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Safety first – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Safer cars reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less and lower rates for you.
- Vocation stress can make you pay more – Jobs like military personnel, social workers, and miners usually pay the highest average rates in part from intense work situations and lengthy work days. On the flip side, occupations such as farmers, engineers and retirees pay the least.
Insurance losses for a Nissan 370Z – Car insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that the statistics show to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have a higher premium rate.
The table below shows the historical insurance loss data for Nissan 370Z vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Nissan 370Z Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan 370Z 2dr 164 88 132 91 88 Nissan 370Z Convertible 129 73BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When buying a policy, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions could help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- What does medical payments cover?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Independent or exclusive insurance agencies
A small number of people still like to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that The best thing about comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find lower premium rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the quote information gets sent to insurance agents in Durham that can give you free Durham car insurance quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency because prices are sent immediately to you. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you can always go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding a good provider should depend on more than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- How long have they been in business?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
If you want to buy insurance from an insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they function. Insurance agents in Durham can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are well trained in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
The following are Durham exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Marty Lindsey – State Farm Insurance Agent
1852 Hillandale Rd – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 479-9671 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: All About Insurance
2605 Guess Rd – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 479-8200 – View Map
- Shawn Cockerham – State Farm Insurance Agent
5518 NC-55 – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 316-3276 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not restricted to one company and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company which makes it simple for you.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always get rate quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many can place coverage with smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Durham that can give you rate quotes.
- Hix Insurance Center
1533 Glenn School Road, Building C Unit A-14 – Durham, NC 27704 – (919) 220-3031 – View Map
- Superior Insurance of Durham
3825 S Roxboro St #118 – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 224-8034 – View Map
- Triangle Insurance Alliance
2530 Meridian Pkwy #300 – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 322-3640 – View Map
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Nissan in Durham, auto insurance is mandatory in North Carolina but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Nissan at a more expensive rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
North Carolina auto insurance companies
Finding a highly-rated auto insurance company can be difficult considering how many different companies sell coverage in Durham. The information shown below could help you select which car insurance providers you want to consider buying from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Be persistent to save money
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in paying claims, being labeled a high risk driver or delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
The cheapest Nissan 370Z insurance in Durham is definitely available from both online companies in addition to many Durham insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not have rate quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice full coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
More tips and info about insurance is located in the articles below:
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Durham? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Durham? (FAQ)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)