Do you want to stop overpaying and find the cheapest Porsche Panamera insurance in Durham? Scraping up a payment for high-priced Porsche Panamera insurance in Durham can take a big chunk out of your savings and maybe even restrict other spending. Performing a rate comparison is a fast and free way to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
Anyone knows that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. People who do rate comparisons will, in all likelihood, move their business because there are good odds of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey found that people who shopped around annually saved approximately $72 a month compared to people who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the best rates on car insurance is your ultimate objective, understanding how to compare insurance rates can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Big companies like GEICO, Progressive and Allstate promote their brand names with advertising and it is difficult to see past the corporate glitz and find the best price available.
It’s important to do rate comparisons as often as possible since insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the best deal on Porsche Panamera insurance in Durham on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the best ways to buy cheaper Porsche Panamera insurance in Durham.
If you have car insurance now, you will definitely be able to find the best rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. Locating the best insurance company for you in Durham is not rocket science. Although North Carolina consumers need to learn how companies price insurance differently because rates are impacted by many factors.
All major car insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow consumers to get pricing on the web. This process is fairly simple as you simply enter the coverages you want on the page. Behind the scenes, the quote system will order your driving record and credit report and quotes a price. Using the web to get price quotes for Porsche Panamera insurance in Durham makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is important to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for lower-cost rates.
To save time and fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. This guarantees you will have an apples-to-apples comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in North Carolina. If you want cheap auto insurance in Durham, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Affordable rates on Porsche Panamera insurance in Durham with these discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize all possible discounts very well, so the list below details both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Professional Organizations – Being in certain professional organizations could trigger savings when getting a Durham car insurance quote.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Online Discount – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break for completing your application over the internet.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Panamera insurance in Durham.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with all your vehicles with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Good Student – Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
Don’t be shocked that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
The diagram below shows the difference between Porsche Panamera auto insurance costs with and without discounts. The data assumes a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- AAA may offer discounts for AAA membership discount, multi-car, multi-policy, education and occupation, good driver, good student, and anti-theft.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- State Farm has savings for accident-free, good driver, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good student.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including paid-in-full, claim free, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, good driver, and good student.
- Nationwide offers discounts for Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, good student, business or organization, accident-free, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
If you are trying to find low cost Durham car insurance quotes, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not apply in Durham. To choose companies that offer the discounts shown above in North Carolina, click here.
Premium rates and analysis
The rate information displayed next showcases different rate quotes for Porsche Panamera models. Knowing how policy rates are determined can be valuable when making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Panamera S 4-Dr Hatchback||$162||$320||$234||$14||$70||$800||$67|
|Panamera 4S AWD 4-Dr Hatchback||$162||$350||$234||$14||$70||$830||$69|
|Panamera Turbo AWD 4-Dr Hatchback||$186||$410||$234||$14||$70||$914||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in specific location which can alter prices substantially.
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can increase or decrease Porsche Panamera insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The data assumes a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Porsche Panamera insurance rates: Men versus women
The example below shows the comparison of Porsche Panamera insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only in Durham
The diagram below compares Porsche Panamera insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage. The data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no definitive guideline to eliminate full coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Porsche Panamera replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $300 annually for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Why You Might Pay Increased Rates in Durham
Many factors are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that aid in calculating your insurance rates. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get lower rates.
- Use one insurance company and save – Most larger insurance companies afford discounts to customers who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, consumers should still compare other company rates to ensure the best deal.
- Does your job raise your rates? – Jobs such as real estate brokers, police officers, and emergency personnel tend to have higher premiums than the average policyholder because of job stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, careers such as professors, engineers and retirees have lower than average premiums.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce premiums – Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can save you some money. Anti-theft features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- More mileage equals more premium – The more miles you rack up on your Porsche each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Many insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time cost less to insure as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. A policy that improperly rates your Panamera may be costing you higher rates. Make sure your policy reflects how each vehicle is driven.
- Marriage can save you money – Having a significant other can actually save you money on your insurance bill. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Avoid unnecessary extra policy coverages – Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages that can add up if you don’t pay attention. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
Careless driving leads to higher premiums – Drivers who don’t get tickets get better prices compared to drivers with tickets. Having just one moving violation could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Drivers who have serious citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The chart below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents impact Porsche Panamera annual premium costs for different insured age categories. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Porsche Panamera statistical loss data – Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when setting rates for each model. Models that the statistics show to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for coverage. The table below outlines the historical loss data for Porsche Panamera vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Values under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger claims.
Porsche Panamera Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Porsche Panamera 4dr 236 94 265 57 Porsche Panamera GTS 4dr 4WD 246 48 467 Porsche Panamera Turbo 4dr 4WD 242BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years