Would you like an easy way to compare the cheapest Toyota Avalon insurance in Durham? Overwhelmed by the dozens of insurance providers in Durham? North Carolina vehicle owners have such a vast assortment of providers available that it can really be a real difficult job to find a cheaper company. Everyone knows that Durham has lots to offer, but high insurance prices can make it difficult for lots of drivers to buy full coverage.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Many drivers in Durham can cut their rates by 10% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
Get lower-cost Toyota Avalon insurance in Durham with discounts
Some insurers don’t list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less can earn slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow data collection to monitor vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Multi-car Discount – Drivers who insure more than one vehicle with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some insurance companies give a discount if you purchase life insurance.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will definitely reduce the cost of coverage.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Toyota Avalon premium costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The costs are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, marriage, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple autos, passive restraint, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- MetLife may include discounts for good driver, multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, accident-free, claim-free
- Farm Bureau has savings for renewal discount, safe driver, driver training, youthful driver, and 55 and retired.
- GEICO offers discounts including defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, military active duty, anti-theft, driver training, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include bundle discounts, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, drive less, and anti-lock brakes.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not be offered everywhere.
Shop Toyota Avalon insurance online
Most major insurance companies give price estimates online. Comparing Toyota Avalon insurance rates online can be done by anyone as you simply enter the coverages you want as requested by the quote form. When complete, the quote system will obtain credit information and your driving record and gives you a price quote.
Quoting online for Toyota Avalon insurance in Durham makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is imperative to perform this step if you want to find the most affordable premium possible.
If you want to use this form to compare rates, compare rates now from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you duplicate deductibles and limits just like they are on your policy. This guarantees you will have rate comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in North Carolina. If you want to find the best car insurance in NC, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance statistics for a Toyota Avalon
The coverage information below highlights a range of policy rates for Toyota Avalon models. Being able to understand how rates are figured can assist in making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can revise premium rates noticeably.
The example below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can affect Toyota Avalon insurance prices for different age categories. The data is based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The information below visualizes the comparison of Toyota Avalon yearly insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The premiums are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no written rule that is best for determining when to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Toyota Avalon replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying over $400 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Compare prices but buy from a neighborhood Durham auto insurance agent
Some people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from small agencies is important especially in Durham.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to participating agents in Durham that provide free Durham auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
If you want a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rates, you will want to get rate quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most also have access to mutual insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Durham who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Insurance People-N Carolina
1920 Front St # 750 – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 383-0442 – View Map
- Herring and Bickers Insurance
2344 Operations Dr Suite 101 – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 479-9900 – View Map
- Triangle Insurance Alliance
2530 Meridian Pkwy #300 – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 322-3640 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Many people buy from exclusive agents partially due to loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
The following are Durham exclusive agents who can help you get rate quotes.
- Debbie Leonard – State Farm Insurance Agent
3702 Hillsborough Rd #2b – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 383-3887 – View Map
- Zonya Autmon – State Farm Insurance Agent
2402 S Miami Blvd #103 – Durham, NC 27703 – (919) 993-3555 – View Map
- Farm Bureau Insurance
4021 Stirrup Creek Dr #220a – Durham, NC 27703 – (919) 469-3191 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
How to find a good North Carolina auto insurance company
Ending up with the right auto insurance company can be challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Durham. The information listed below can help you select which providers to look at shopping prices with.
Top 10 Durham Car Insurance Companies Overall
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Durham Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, not issuing a premium refund, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company is easier than you think.
You just learned many tips how you can reduce Toyota Avalon insurance rates online in Durham. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Durham auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates come from the least-expected company.
While you’re price shopping online, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Steps to saving money on Toyota Avalon insurance in Durham
The best way we recommend to get affordable Toyota Avalon insurance is to do an annual price comparison from insurers that insure vehicles in Durham.
Step 1: Get an understanding of the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that increase rates such as speeding and a poor credit score can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available in Durham. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
More detailed car insurance information is available in the articles below:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Durham Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Durham? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in Durham? (FAQ)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)