Amazingly, a large majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Durham drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t believe the amount of money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Truthfully, the best way to get affordable car insurance rates in Durham is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers in North Carolina. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Try to learn about how your policy works and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many things that result in higher rates such as your driving record and a low credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to get better rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Select a company
- Compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Juke coverage is available. If you find a lower rate, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
Locating the best rates in Durham is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you have auto insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce premiums using the concepts you’re about to learn. But North Carolina drivers do need to learn the way companies determine how much to charge.
How You Can Control Nissan Juke Insurance Prices
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that go into determining your premiums. When you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that could result in lower rates.
The itemized list below are some of the things used by companies to determine your premiums.
- Certain occupations raise premiums – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Careers like judges, architects, and medical professionals generally have the highest rates attributed to job stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Other professions such as farmers, historians and the unemployed receive lower rates.
- High coverage deductibles reduce rates – Your deductibles define how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Some coverage claims are colliding with a stationary object, collision with a deer, and having a roll-over accident. The higher the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the bigger discount you will receive.
- Cars with good safety ratings save money – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Safer cars help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts which can result in lower premiums. If your Nissan scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Vehicle theft costs us all – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Bad credit will cost you – An insured’s credit score can be a huge factor in determining what you pay. Therefore, if your credit is not that good, you may save money insuring your Nissan Juke by improving your credit score. Consumers who have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with poor credit scores.
- How much liability protection do you need? – The liability section of your policy will protect you when you are determined to be liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Insurance losses for a Nissan Juke – Auto insurance companies use past insurance losses when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that the statistics show to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have a higher premium rate.
The table below outlines the collected loss data for Nissan Juke vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is a value of 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Nissan Juke Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Juke 2WD 101 104 77 111 134 113 Nissan Juke 4WD 107 112 75 120 115 105BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare quotes for Durham Nissan Juke insurance
Many insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive allow consumers to get prices for coverage on the web. Getting online quotes for Nissan Juke insurance in Durham is easy for anyone because it’s just a matter of typing in the amount of coverage you want as requested by the quote form. Once you submit the form, the company’s rating system automatically orders information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price.
The ability to get online price quotes for Nissan Juke insurance in Durham makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible in order to get cheaper prices.
In order to find out how much you can save on auto insurance, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you input coverages and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This guarantees you will have a price comparison based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in North Carolina. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Durham, NC, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Protect more than your Juke
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Durham, insurance is mandatory in North Carolina but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Juke with a loan, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Nissan at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver is wasting up to $800 each year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Nissan Juke insurance in Durham
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list every possible discount very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Progressive, State Farm and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying insurance for several vehicles on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Durham auto insurance depending on your company.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to spy on where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on your policy.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Popular car insurance companies and their possible discounts include:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple policy, safe vehicle, accident-free, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, and good student.
- GEICO discounts include multi-vehicle, air bags, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, driver training, military active duty, and defensive driver.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, new move discount, multi-policy, exclusive group savings, multi-car, and teen driver discount.
- The Hartford includes discounts for anti-theft, bundle, driver training, defensive driver, and good student.
- MetLife may include discounts for accident-free, defensive driver, good student, multi-policy, good driver, claim-free
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, and homeowner.
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in your area. To find car insurance companies that offer discounts in North Carolina, click here to view.
Compare rates but buy from a local Durham insurance agent
Many people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Durham that can provide free Durham auto insurance quotes for your business. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to quote rates from a particular provider, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
Below are Durham insurance companies who can help you get price quotes for Nissan Juke insurance in Durham.
- Superior Insurance of Durham
3825 S Roxboro St #118 – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 224-8034 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Tae Kim
4837 Hwy Nc 55 10B – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 560-9000 – View Map
- Farm Bureau Insurance
4021 Stirrup Creek Dr #220a – Durham, NC 27703 – (919) 469-3191 – View Map
- James Zewe – State Farm Insurance Agent
3500 Westgate Dr Ste 901 – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 489-0804 – View Map
Affordable insurance rates are possible
We just covered many ideas to compare Nissan Juke insurance prices in Durham. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting low cost Durham auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest prices come from a small mutual company.
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, high prices, high rates after DUI convictions and even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is less work than it seems.
Cheaper insurance in Durham is possible on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for First-time Drivers in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Durham Auto Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)