The best way we recommend to get discount Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Durham is to compare quotes once a year from different companies in North Carolina.
Step 1: Try to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many factors that increase rates such as distracted driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover additional tips to prevent expensive rate increases and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. Get quotes now
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar coverage information on each quote request and to quote with every company you can. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
Statistics show that nearly 70% of consumers have been with the same company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Durham drivers could save roughly 10% each year by just shopping around, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rates online.
If you have a policy now, you should be able to cut your premiums using the ideas presented in this article. Our objective is to let you in on how car insurance companies work and some tips to save money. But North Carolina car owners must learn how companies determine prices and apply this information to your search.
When shopping for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Durham there are multiple ways to compare prices from local Durham car insurance companies. The quickest method to compare Ford Shelby GT350 insurance prices consists of shopping online.
Just keep in mind that having more price comparisons will improve the odds of getting the best offered rates. Some companies don’t provide Durham Shelby GT350 insurance quotes online, so it’s recommended that you also compare price estimates from those companies as well.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Durham, NC. To locate the best cheap auto insurance in Durham, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance just makes sense
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Durham, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Ford Shelby GT350, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Ford gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. As of last year, the average driver in North Carolina is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Save money with these discounts
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may find discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before they will apply. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles can earn slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Durham without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow data collection to monitor driving patterns by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you could get a free car insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Durham, click this link.
Compare rates but still have a local Durham insurance agent
Many drivers prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Durham who will give you bids for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If you wish to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Durham?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from an insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they function. Auto insurance agents in Durham are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. These agents are trained well on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Durham that can give you price quote information.
- Marty Lindsey – State Farm Insurance Agent
1852 Hillandale Rd – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 479-9671 – View Map
- Andy Jones – State Farm Insurance Agent
4519 N Roxboro St – Durham, NC 27704 – (919) 477-0054 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: All About Insurance
2605 Guess Rd – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 479-8200 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company so they can quote policies through many companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most independent agents also contract with small regional insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Durham that can give you comparison quotes.
- Bowen Agency, Inc.
4905 Pine Cone Dr Suite 5 – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 929-4222 – View Map
- Knox Insurance Agency
200 Meredith Dr Suite 104 – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 313-6411 – View Map
- The Insurance Pros, Inc.
1210 Cole Mill Rd Suite 101 – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 294-6613 – View Map
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
When buying insurance from an agent or online, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Who is covered when they drive my Ford Shelby GT350?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- If my Ford Shelby GT350 is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Is my Ford Shelby GT350 covered for flood damage?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Affordable auto insurance premiums are possible
Some insurance companies don’t offer internet price quotes and many times these smaller companies sell through independent agents. Budget-conscious Ford Shelby GT350 insurance is available both online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection.
When searching for low cost Durham auto insurance quotes, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
To read more, take a look at the resources below:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Durham Car Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Uninsured Drivers in Durham? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)