Really, the only way to save money on Honda Accord Crosstour insurance in Durham is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers who sell insurance in North Carolina.
- Read about individual coverages and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for ideas to help prevent costly coverage and earn larger discounts.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper Accord Crosstour coverage is available. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and to quote with as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. People who shop for lower prices will most likely switch to a new company because of the high probability of finding more affordable rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved approximately $3,400 over four years compared to those who never compared prices.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance is why you’re reading this, then having an understanding of the best way to shop and compare coverages can save time, money, and frustration.
It’s important to know that making a lot of price comparisons will improve the odds of getting a lower rate. Some companies don’t provide online Durham Accord Crosstour insurance quotes, so it’s important to compare quotes from them, too.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in North Carolina. To find cheap auto insurance in Durham, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Why you need quality insurance for your Accord Crosstour
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Durham, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Honda Accord Crosstour with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Honda at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards your car and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America is overpaying over $700 annually so compare rates every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance coverage details
The coverage information shown below showcases different coverage prices for Honda Accord Crosstour models. Knowing how prices are calculated can help drivers make informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accord Crosstour EX 2WD||$210||$446||$376||$22||$112||$1,166||$97|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L 2WD||$210||$446||$376||$22||$112||$1,166||$97|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L 4WD||$238||$524||$376||$22||$112||$1,272||$106|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L Navigation 2WD||$238||$524||$376||$22||$112||$1,272||$106|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L Navigation 4WD||$238||$524||$376||$22||$112||$1,272||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in specific location which can increase or decrease rates greatly.
Gender differences in insurance premiums
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Honda Accord Crosstour insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Honda Accord Crosstour insurance in Durham
Some insurers don’t always publicize every available discount very clearly, so the following is a list of both well-publicized as well as the least known ways to save on car insurance.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Own a Home – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies offer discounts for buying a new policy early. It can save you around 10%.
- Driver Safety – Taking a driver safety class could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to scrutinize vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The example below shows the difference between Honda Accord Crosstour insurance premiums with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premiums assume a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies that may offer quotes with these money-saving discounts possibly include:
When getting free Durham auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area.
Car insurance can get complicated
When quoting and comparing coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different and your car insurance should unique, too.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Who is covered when they drive my Honda Accord Crosstour?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Durham?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
North Carolina car insurance companies ranked
Insuring your vehicle with the top company is hard considering how many companies sell insurance in Durham. The information listed below could help you decide which auto insurance companies to look at purchasing coverage from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies