The easiest way to find cheaper auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Durham.
- It will benefit you to learn about auto insurance and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a lousy credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new company. Don’t forget to put the certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
An important note is to use similar coverage information on every quote and and to get prices from every company you can. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Unimaginable but true, almost 70% of insureds kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Drivers in North Carolina could save up to 10% each year by just shopping around, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to compare rates and save money.
Finding low cost Chevy TrailBlazer insurance prices doesn’t have to be difficult. You just have to take the time comparing free Durham auto insurance quotes from different insurance companies.
It’s so simple to compare insurance rates online takes the place of having to waste gas driving to different Durham agent offices. The internet eliminates this option unless you require the advice and guidance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. It is possible to get prices online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Durham, NC. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in North Carolina, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Best reasons to buy insurance in North Carolina
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $850 per year so compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Companies offer many discounts on Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Durham
Some providers do not list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both well-publicized and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Durham auto insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Good Grades Discount – This discount may save as much as 25% on a Durham auto insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military could mean lower premium rates.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a course in defensive driver could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a new TrailBlazer can save up to 30% since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will help reduce your policy premium.
The best insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, online signing, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO discounts include bundle discounts, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, homeowner, drive less, anti-theft, and safe driver.
- American Family may include discounts for air bags, Steer into Savings, good driver, mySafetyValet, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife offers discounts for good driver, defensive driver, good student, accident-free, claim-free, multi-policy
- GEICO has savings for anti-lock brakes, military active duty, anti-theft, seat belt use, and driver training.
- The Hartford has discounts for air bag, bundle, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, good student, and defensive driver.
Check with every company which discounts they offer. Savings may not apply in Durham. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Durham, click here.
Best auto insurance in Durham
Finding a good quality auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Durham. The company rank data below may help you select which companies to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Durham Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Durham Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance