Remarkably, a study showed that a large majority of car insurance policyholders have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Many consumers in Durham can save about $94 each year just by shopping around, but they won’t spend time to find cheaper car insurance rates.
The best way to find low-cost Volkswagen Rabbit insurance is to compare prices annually from insurers in Durham. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of coverages and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many things that result in higher prices such as accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit history can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for the details to help keep rates affordable and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper Rabbit coverage is available. If you find a better price and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the newly selected company. Be sure to store the certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. This enables a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
The easiest way to compare rate quotes for Volkswagen Rabbit insurance in Durham takes advantage of the fact most of the larger companies will pay a fee to quote your coverage. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information such as whether or not you need a SR-22, your credit rating estimate, if it has an anti-theft system, and if the vehicle is leased. That information gets sent immediately to multiple insurance providers and they return rate quotes with very little delay.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in North Carolina. To buy the best auto insurance in Durham, we suggest you get prices from several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Insurance is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Volkswagen in Durham, maintaining insurance is mandatory in North Carolina but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Volkswagen, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Volkswagen at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your Volkswagen and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How You Can Control Volkswagen Rabbit Insurance Costs
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that help determine your car insurance rates. If you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs. Many factors are used when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but other factors are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
- Big cities mean more claims – Being located in a rural area may provide you with better prices when talking about car insurance. Fewer people means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers in populated North Carolina areas regularly have congested traffic and a longer drive to work. Spending more time driving means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Bump up coverage deductibles to lower rates – Comp and collision deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be rear-ending another vehicle, hail damage, and damage from wind. The higher the amount the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Is your car, truck or SUV built for speed? – The performance level of the vehicle you need to insure makes a big difference in how high your rates are. The lowest premiums will normally be found when insuring economy passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Lower rates for married couples – Having a wife or husband may cut your premiums when shopping for car insurance. It translates into being more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Gender and insurance – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that males are worse at driving than females. Both genders are responsible for fender benders at a similar rate, but guys have costlier accidents. Men also tend to receive more costly citations like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Credit history impacts premium costs – Having a bad credit rating factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Volkswagen Rabbit by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with lower ratings.
- Prices increase with policy add-ons – There are a lot of additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your car insurance policy. Insurance for things like roadside assistance, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
We just showed you a lot of tips how to lower your Volkswagen Rabbit insurance rates in Durham. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Durham car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
To read more, take a look at these articles:
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Police Officers in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma in Durham? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)