It goes without saying that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Insureds who shop around for cheaper price quotes are very likely to switch to a new company because there is a high probability of finding more affordable rates. A study showed that people who compared rates once a year saved approximately $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest price for Chrysler 200 insurance is the reason you’re reading this, understanding the best way to quote and compare insurance coverage can make the process less intimidating.
The best way to find discount auto insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers in Durham. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause high rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and an imperfect credit score can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover information to help reduce premium rates and find possible discounts that are available.
Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Begin your rate comparison
Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit a signed application and payment for your new coverage. Immediately put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. This provides a level playing field and maximum price selection.
Quoting and comparing rates for affordable protection in Durham is not as confusing as people think. Practically every person who compares rate quotes for car insurance will more than likely be able to find better rates. Although North Carolina drivers must know the way insurance companies calculate your policy premium.
To find the best car insurance rates, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from many car insurance companies in North Carolina. The quickest method to find cheaper rates is to get quotes online.
Keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates helps increase your odds of locating lower pricing.
The companies in the list below can provide quotes in Durham, NC. To find cheap auto insurance in Durham, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Cheap Durham car insurance quotes with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Most are applied when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Chrysler could be rewarded with substantially lower rates.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers can save substantially compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Durham Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Durham may earn you a small savings because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers may qualify for reduced rates.
Don’t be surprised that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
To find providers who offer online Chrysler 200 insurance quotes in North Carolina, click this link.
Three good reasons to insure your Chrysler 200
Despite the potentially high cost of Chrysler 200 insurance, paying for auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chrysler with a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chrysler at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Chrysler 200 but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in North Carolina overpays as much as $810 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Can’t I compare rates from local Durham auto insurance agents?
Some people just want to get advice from a local agent. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is definitely important in Durham.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, feel free to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you want to use local Durham agents, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents from which to choose. Agencies in Durham are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents often have affiliation with several companies and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing rates, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many can place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can be an advantage.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agents in Durham that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
- Herring and Bickers Insurance
2344 Operations Dr Suite 101 – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 479-9900 – View Map
- Hix Insurance Center
1533 Glenn School Road, Building C Unit A-14 – Durham, NC 27704 – (919) 220-3031 – View Map
- Marsh Dawson Insurance Agency
5410 – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 484-8400 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are highly trained on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Some insured continue to use the same agent mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Durham willing to provide rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Michael D. Maffeo
2705 N Duke St Ste 203 – Durham, NC 27704 – (919) 479-5085 – View Map
- Rollie Olin – State Farm Insurance Agent
4810 Hope Valley Rd #116 – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 489-6008 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Ella Latreille
2005 N Pointe Dr Ste 3 – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 479-2077 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?