Are you sick and tired of scraping the payment together to buy car insurance? You are in the same boat as millions of other people.
Unfortunately, most car insurance customers have been with the same company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Durham insurance shoppers could save up to 10% every year, but they feel it’s too difficult to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes.
How to find lower priced Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Durham
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to save money on auto insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers in Durham. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- First, gain an understanding of policy coverages and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many things that are responsible for high rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and bad credit can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Get quotes now
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Durham. If you can save money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your current company to cancel the current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, put the proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
One thing to point out is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Lots of auto insurance companies contend for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the lowest rate on Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Durham.
Cheapest companies for Volkswagen Atlas insurance in North Carolina
The companies shown below offer quotes in North Carolina. In order to find cheaper car insurance in North Carolina, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Discount Durham car insurance quotes
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may be missing some discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but a few must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Good Student – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Durham auto insurance quote. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Memberships – Being in a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Successfully completing a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
Don’t be shocked that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
A few companies that may have these benefits include:
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in your state. To locate car insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in North Carolina, follow this link.
Four factors that impact insurance premiums
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the factors that aid in calculating your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you cheaper rates. Multiple criteria are used when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although some other factors are more obscure like where you live or your commute time.
Shown below are some of the major factors that factor into your premiums.
- Small coverages can add up – Policies have extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you don’t pay attention. Things like rental car coverage, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. You may think they are a good idea initially, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Liability safeguards assets – Liability insurance is the protection if you are ruled to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Do you know you’re credit history? – Having a bad credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay. If your credit score can be improved, you may save money insuring your Volkswagen Atlas by spending a little time repairing your credit. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings.
- File insurance claims and pay more – If you file a lot of claims you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies in North Carolina award lower rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
When should I talk to an insurance agent?
Many people just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and also buy local. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Durham.
After completing this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. Get lower rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Types of auto insurance agents
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local Durham insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance policy providers can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not employed by one company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you will want to get rate quotes from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agencies in Durham that can possibly get you free price quotes.
Superior Insurance of Durham
3825 S Roxboro St #118 – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 224-8034 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Durham willing to provide comparison quotes.
Finding a good car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Any good agent in Durham should know the answers to these questions.
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Durham?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
Persistent drivers can save
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to save on Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Durham. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Durham auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates come from a small local company. These companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to regret that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Steps to buying lower priced Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Durham
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get affordable Volkswagen Atlas insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies that insure vehicles in Durham. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Read and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many things that cause high rates like getting speeding tickets and an imperfect credit score can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Atlas coverage is available in Durham. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new agent or company. When you receive it, place your new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
One important bit of advice is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
Additional detailed information can be read in the articles below:
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Durham, North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Used Cars in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Durham? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)