The best way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates is to compare prices annually from different companies in Durham.
- Get an understanding of how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause high rates like multiple speeding tickets and poor credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rates to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get quotes from every company you can. This provides a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Unthinkable but true, a large majority of drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared rate quotes at all. Many drivers in America could save an average of almost 47% each year just by shopping around, but they underestimate the amount of money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
Car insurance providers offering affordable rate quotes in North Carolina
The providers in the list below offer quotes in Durham, NC. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
How do Car Insurance Companies Determine Audi Allroad Insurance Prices?
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the factors that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you better auto insurance rates.
Younger drivers pay high rates – Drivers with little experience have been known to be easily distracted when driving and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.
Being married can lower premiums – Being married can get you a discount on auto insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature and responsible and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
High coverage deductibles cost less – Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your Audi from damage. Some coverage claims are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, or theft. The deductibles you choose state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay in the event of a claim. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your auto insurance will be.
Bundle policies to earn discounts – Many insurance companies provide a discount to people who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even with this discount applied, you still need to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money.
More people means more accidents – Having an address in less populated areas can be a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates. City drivers have to deal with more auto accidents and longer commutes to work. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
Cheaper rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Durham car insurance online.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a course teaching driver safety skills could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A partial list of companies that may have many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
It’s a good idea to ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits may not be available in Durham.
Auto insurance is available from local agents
A lot of people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Experienced insurance agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes to get your business. There is no need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurer should depend on more than just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- How often do they review coverages?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Durham for you
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Durham are classified as either independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s good to learn why they differ since it could factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Durham that are able to give price quotes.
- Shawn Cockerham – State Farm Insurance Agent
5518 NC-55 – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 316-3276 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance Marsh Dawson Agency
821 Hanson Rd – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 806-5109 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: All About Insurance
2605 Guess Rd – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 479-8200 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. When comparing auto insurance rates, you definitely need to include price quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. Most also have access to smaller mutual companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Durham willing to provide price quote information.
- Joshua E. Matthews Insurance Agency, Inc.
2144 Page Rd Suite 106 – Durham, NC 27703 – (919) 598-6800 – View Map
- Reliable Insurance Agency of North Carolina Inc.
3325 Durham-Chapel Hill Blvd #200 – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 864-9048 – View Map
- Superior Insurance of Durham
3825 S Roxboro St #118 – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 224-8034 – View Map
If you receive positive feedback to any questions you may have as well as offering an affordable quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that is reputable and can service your policy. It’s important to know that it’s your coverage and you can cancel your coverage at any time so never feel that you’re stuck with any specific company for the entire policy term.
Cheaper auto insurance rates are out there
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like policy non-renewal, unfair underwriting practices, delays in responding to claim requests and even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies is easier than you think.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
You just learned a lot of information how to lower your Audi Allroad insurance premium rates in Durham. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Durham car insurance, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Audi Allroad rate quotes. You may even discover the lowest premium rates are with an unexpected company.
To read more, link through to the articles below:
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for First-time Drivers in Durham? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Durham Car Insurance for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Durham? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)