Everyone knows that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Insureds who shop around for cheaper rates are very likely to buy a different policy because there is a high probability of finding lower prices. A recent survey discovered that consumers who compared rates once a year saved as much as $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest price on Dodge Charger insurance in Durham is your intention, then having an understanding of the best way to compare auto insurance can make the process more efficient.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get affordable Dodge Charger insurance in Durham is to compare quotes once a year from providers in North Carolina.
- First, spend some time learning about policy coverages and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like inattentive driving and a low credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment to your new company or agent. Don’t forget to place your new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One tip to remember is to use identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to look at as many companies as you can. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Many insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get coverage prices on the web. Doing online quotes for Dodge Charger insurance in Durham doesn’t take much effort because it’s just a matter of typing in the amount of coverage you want into the form. When the form is submitted, the quote system orders your driving record and credit report and generates a price.
Using the web to get rates for Dodge Charger insurance in Durham makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for a better rate.
If you want to compare rates using this form now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This makes sure you are getting a price comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Durham, NC. If you want the best cheap auto insurance in North Carolina, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance in North Carolina serves several purposes
Despite the high cost, insurance is required in North Carolina but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $800 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to save money.
Rates and statistics
The rate information below showcases estimates of insurance policy prices for Dodge Charger models. Being aware of how policy premiums are calculated can aid in making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Charger 3.5 AWD||$128||$248||$352||$20||$106||$854||$71|
|Charger SXT AWD||$128||$248||$352||$20||$106||$854||$71|
|Charger Rallye AWD||$128||$284||$352||$20||$106||$890||$74|
|Charger R/T AWD||$142||$284||$352||$20||$106||$904||$75|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can increase or decrease premiums greatly.
Get affordable rates by applying discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be available discounts to help bring down the price. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before they will apply.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less compared to frequent claim filers.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies will give a small break get Durham auto insurance online.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with cheaper prices.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get better insurance rates.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a defensive driving class could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
- Smart Student Discounts – Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Durham auto insurance quote.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military could mean lower prices.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow their company to analyze driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The chart below shows the comparison of Dodge Charger insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The costs are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, online quote discount, and online signing.
- SAFECO offers discounts for multi-car, drive less, teen safe driver, homeowner, and accident prevention training.
- American Family discounts include Steer into Savings, defensive driver, air bags, good driver, and bundled insurance.
- MetLife may include discounts for good driver, good student, accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free, and multi-policy.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-vehicle, membership and employees, air bags, daytime running lights, defensive driver, military active duty, and five-year accident-free.
- The Hartford includes discounts for driver training, air bag, good student, bundle, anti-theft, defensive driver, and vehicle fuel type.
Double check with each company how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in every state.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to buying a policy, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique and your car insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your situation may require specific advice.
- What is an umbrella policy?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- What is PIP insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance company ratings
Insuring your vehicle with a high-quality insurer can be challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in North Carolina. The ranking data shown below can help you analyze which companies to look at putting your business with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies