It’s an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Drivers who shop around for cheaper prices are very likely to move their business because of the good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A recent study showed that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest rates on car insurance in Durham is your intention, then learning a little about how to shop for cheaper coverage can help you be more efficient.
Really, the only way to find cheaper prices for Mercury Mountaineer insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Durham.
- Try to learn a little about policy coverages and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like distracted driving and poor credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for more ideas to prevent high rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies. Compare rates now
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Durham. If you find better rates, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed policy application and payment for the new coverage. Once the application is submitted, put the new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is to use identical coverages on every price quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
If you have coverage now, you will definitely be able to lower your rates using this information. Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Durham can be made easier if you know where to look. Although North Carolina consumers need to have an understanding of how companies market insurance on the web and apply this information to your search.
Facts and figures for Mercury Mountaineer insurance
The premium information below covers estimates of insurance premium costs for Mercury Mountaineer models. Learning as much as possible about how rate quotes are determined can benefit drivers when making smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Mountaineer Premier 2WD||$186||$374||$262||$16||$78||$916||$76|
|Mountaineer Premier AWD||$186||$374||$262||$16||$78||$916||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can modify rates greatly.
Get Cheaper Insurance Premiums by Understanding These Factors
Multiple criteria are considered when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that may result in lower insurance prices.
Traffic violations mean higher rates – Your driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance than bad drivers. Getting just one speeding ticket can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Drivers who have gotten multiple citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The chart below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders raise Mercury Mountaineer annual premium costs for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Do you need those incidental coverages? – Policies have extra coverages that can waste your money on your insurance policy. Insurance for things like roadside assistance, towing, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
Raise physical damage deductibles and save – Insurance for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your Mercury. Some coverage claims are a dented fender, flood damage, and damage caused by flying debris. Physical damage deductibles tell how much you are required to spend before your insurance pays a claim. The more expense the insured is willing to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance.
Liability claims can be big – Liability insurance will provide protection when you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – The majority of insurance companies afford discounts to customers who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to compare Mercury Mountaineer rates in Durham to make sure you are getting the best deal.There is a good possibility that you can save more without the discount even if you insure with multiple companies
Filing policy claims can cost you more – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies in North Carolina give better rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
As you quote Durham auto insurance, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
Budget-friendly insurance in Durham can be found online and from local insurance agents, so get free Durham auto insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not provide price quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agents.
Additional detailed information is located by following these links:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Seniors in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Durham Auto Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)