I doubt anyone gets a kick out of paying for insurance, particularly when the prices are way too high.
It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Drivers who get price comparisons will probably switch companies because of the good chance of finding lower prices. A recent insurance study discovered that consumers who shopped around every year saved an average of $70 a month compared to those who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the best price on car insurance in Durham is your ultimate goal, then having a good understanding the best ways to find and compare coverages can help you succeed in saving money.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Volvo V90 insurance in Durham
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers who can sell car insurance in Durham. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Try to comprehend individual coverages and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents and an unfavorable credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Due to the abundance of insurance providers from which to choose, it is hard for the average consumer to find the right insurance company.
Ways to get Volvo V90 insurance quotes in Durham
Finding a lower price on insurance is not rocket science. You just have to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing price quotes from different insurance companies.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to drive around to insurance agents’ offices. The internet makes this unnecessary unless you want the advice and guidance that only an agent can give. If you prefer, some companies allow you to compare online quotes but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Durham, NC. To get cheap auto insurance in Durham, we suggest you click on several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Some companies do not list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the list below details both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Full Payment Discount – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class in school.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current V90 insurance policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting auto insurance coverage on a new V90 may earn a small discount because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home can save you money because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Paper-free Discount – Certain larger companies may give you up to $50 for signing up on the web.
- College Student Discount – Kids who are attending college and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for switch companies, alternative fuel, good student, pay in full, multi-car, and early shopping.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including safe driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, youthful driver, and driver training.
- State Farm has discounts for accident-free, passive restraint, multiple policy, multiple autos, student away at school, driver’s education, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO may have discounts that include five-year accident-free, air bags, anti-theft, defensive driver, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, and military active duty.
- SAFECO offers discounts for anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, drive less, multi-car, accident prevention training, and teen safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for preferred payment discount, multi-car, newly retired, teen driver discount, newly married, multi-policy, and new graduate.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in Durham.
Which auto insurance company is best in Durham?
Ending up with the highest-rated auto insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies sell coverage in Durham. The company information displayed below may help you choose which insurers you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Durham Car Insurance Companies Overall
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
Get Lower-cost Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
Many things are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the different types of things that are used to determine insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with cheaper rates.
Good drivers pay less – Your driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Just one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance than bad drivers. Drivers who have severe tickets like reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
Where you reside factors in – Being located in a rural area has it’s advantages when talking about insurance. Less people means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers tend to have traffic congestion and more time behind the wheel. Higher commute times means more chance of being in an accident.
The type of car you drive affects your rates – The performance level of the car you need to insure makes a big difference in determining your rates. The lowest performance passenger models generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Your gender affects premiums – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men are in fender benders in similar numbers, but males tend to have more serious accidents. Not only that, but men also have more aggressive citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 are most likely to cause an accident so it costs more to insure them.