Sad but true, a large majority of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates from other carriers. Consumers in Durham can save roughly $94 each year just by shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rates online.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find cheaper car insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies who provide car insurance in Durham.
First, try to learn a little about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as getting speeding tickets and a bad credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives tips to keep prices down and find discounts that you may qualify for.
Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed application and payment to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you'll want to make sure you compare identical coverage information on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
If you currently have insurance, you will definitely be able to reduce premiums using the concepts you're about to learn. Buying affordable insurance in Durham is much easier if you know where to start. But North Carolina drivers need to learn the way insurance companies compete online and take advantage of how the system works.
How do Car Insurance Companies Determine Acura ZDX Insurance Costs?
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but other criteria are more obscure such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
The following are most of the major factors car insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
- Having a spouse can lower costs - Having a significant other actually saves money on your policy. Marriage means you're more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower prices - Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- The more you drive the more you pay - Driving a lot of miles annually the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Improper usage on your ZDX may be costing you. Verify your declarations sheet is showing the correct usage.
- Liability coverage preserves assets - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection in the event that a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It will provide legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Do you really need roadside assistance? - There are quite a few additional coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your ZDX policy. Coverages like rental car coverage, accidental death, and additional equipment coverage could be just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them remove them and pocket the money.
- Use one insurance company and save - The majority of insurers apply lower prices to policyholders who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can add up to 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, it's still a good idea to check prices from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Cheaper to insure women? - The statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don't assume that men are worse drivers. They both tend to get into fender benders at about the same rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Male teenagers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Acura ZDX insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
How to buy Acura ZDX insurance in Durham, NC
Most larger insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm make it easy to get insurance quotes on their websites. Getting Acura ZDX insurance prices online can be done by anyone as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. After you complete the form, their quoting system will obtain credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information. This streamlines rate comparisons, and it is important to get many rate quotes if you want to get the lowest payment possible.
In order to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you copy your coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This way, you will have a rate comparison for exact coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in North Carolina. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in North Carolina, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Rates and other information
The premium table below covers detailed analysis of coverage costs for Acura ZDX models. Having insight into how premiums are established can help you make smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|ZDX Technology Package AWD||$266||$440||$250||$14||$74||$1,044||$87|
|ZDX Advance Package AWD||$266||$498||$250||$14||$74||$1,102||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can influence premium rates greatly.
How careless driving impacts Durham insurance rates
The information below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents drive up Acura ZDX insurance prices for each different age category. The costs are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though Durham ZDX insurance rates can get expensive, paying for auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Acura, it's most likely the lender will force you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Acura at a more expensive rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Acura but also your financial assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your ZDX definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $825 a year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Score discounts to get cheaper Durham auto insurance rates
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- No Accidents - Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Clubs and Organizations - Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates when getting a Durham car insurance quote.
- ABS Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Federal Employees - Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Acura ZDX car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The data is based on a male driver, no claims or violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A partial list of companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
It's a good idea to ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in your area. To see companies who offer free Acura ZDX insurance quotes in Durham, follow this link.
Local Durham insurance agencies and auto insurance
Many drivers would rather have an agent's advice and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find better rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area that can provide free Durham car insurance quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best insurance company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Durham?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Durham for you
If you need to find a local agent, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents that you can select. Agencies in Durham are considered either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company's rates such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well trained on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Durham who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent.
When comparison shopping, it's recommended you include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Durham who can help you get comparison quotes.
Upon getting answers to your satisfaction to these questions and affordable Acura ZDX insurance rates in Durham quotes, you've probably found an insurance agency that is a good match to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Auto insurance company ratings
Buying coverage from a high-quality car insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many choices you have in Durham. The company information in the next section can help you decide which providers to look at purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Durham Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers - A++
- USAA - A++
- GEICO - A++
- State Farm - A++
- Titan Insurance - A+
- Esurance - A+
- Progressive - A+
- Nationwide - A+
- The Hartford - A+
- Allstate - A+
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to choosing coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if you may require specific advice.
- Does my Acura ZDX need full coverage?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Is my Acura ZDX covered for flood damage?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
As you shop your coverage around, it's very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheaper insurance in Durham is attainable on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not have rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
You just read a lot of information how to get a better price on Acura ZDX insurance in Durham. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Durham car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest rates are with the smaller companies.
Additional information is available on the following sites:
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Durham Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- How Much are Durham Car Insurance Quotes for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima in Durham? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)