Searching for the cheapest insurance rates in Durham, NC? Durham consumers have many options when looking for the best price on Audi A7 insurance. They can either waste time driving around trying to get quotes or utilize the internet to compare rates.
There is a better way to find insurance online so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to quote coverages on a Audi and obtain the best price possible from Durham insurance agents and online providers.
Unthinkable but true, almost 70% of drivers in North Carolina have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. American drivers could save as much as 46.5% every year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand how much savings they would realize if they changed companies.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance can be relatively painless. Consumers just need to invest a few minutes to get quotes online from several insurance companies.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in North Carolina. If you want to find the best auto insurance in North Carolina, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Car insurance is not optional in North Carolina
Despite the high insurance cost for a Audi A7 in Durham, insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your A7 has a loan, most lenders will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Audi at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Car insurance preserves your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your A7 are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $750 every year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Discounts can help to save on Audi A7 insurance in Durham
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Drive Less and Save – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Durham and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select companies reward you with better car insurance rates if you take out life insurance.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Auto insurance companies that have these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in Durham. For a list of insurers with discount rates in Durham, click here.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Certain consumers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! Insurance agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get better rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is important particularly in Durham.
Upon completion of this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to companies in Durham that can give you free Durham car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. If you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you want to buy car insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Durham can either be exclusive agents or independent agents. Both handle car insurance, but it’s worth learning how they differ since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison. Most independent agents also contract with smaller companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agents in Durham that may be able to give price quotes.
- The Insurance Pros, Inc.
1210 Cole Mill Rd Suite 101 – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 294-6613 – View Map
- Superior Insurance Durham North
3808 Guess Rd Suite J – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 973-1507 – View Map
- Superior Insurance of Durham
3825 S Roxboro St #118 – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 224-8034 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
The following are Durham exclusive agencies who can help you get price quotes.
- Chuck Barham State Farm®
3823 Guess Rd – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 477-7300 – View Map
- Tracey Stidham – State Farm Insurance Agent
3622 Shannon Rd #102 – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 401-6147 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Michelle Riley
6015 Fayetteville Rd Ste 115 – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 544-2155 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
Learning about specific coverages of auto insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to other people or property in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 30/60/25 which means $30,000 bodily injury coverage, $60,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for things like bail bonds, pain and suffering, medical services, funeral expenses and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible. North Carolina state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for EMT expenses, nursing services and rehabilitation expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird and damage from flooding. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage covers damage to your A7 caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like sideswiping another vehicle, backing into a parked car, rolling your car and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible on your A7 to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Audi A7.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 30/60/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
What is the best car insurance company in Durham?
Finding a high-quality insurer can be a challenge considering how many different companies insure vehicles in North Carolina. The company rank data in the next section can help you choose which car insurance companies to look at shopping your coverage with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
Cheaper car insurance in Durham is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood Durham agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies work with independent insurance agencies.
We just showed you a lot of information how to reduce Audi A7 insurance rates online in Durham. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with a small mutual company.
When getting Durham car insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
How to find affordable quotes for Audi A7 insurance in Durham
The best way we recommend to quote cheaper auto insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers in Durham. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as distracted driving and a poor credit rating can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Durham. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to compare as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below: