Truthfully, the best way to find the cheapest price for Dodge Nitro insurance in Durham is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers in North Carolina. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Read about the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for more information to get better rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Find a Durham insurance agent
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper Nitro coverage is available in Durham. If you find a lower rate, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new policy. Once the application is submitted, put the new certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you enter identical coverage information on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Drivers who compare other prices will, in all likelihood, move their business because there is a high probability of getting low-cost coverage. A study discovered that people who compared price quotes annually saved approximately $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on auto insurance in Durham is your ultimate goal, then knowing the best ways to find and compare auto insurance can save time and make the process easier.
Affordable companies for Dodge Nitro insurance in North Carolina
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in North Carolina. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Durham, NC, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Auto insurance data for a Dodge Nitro
The coverage information displayed below highlights estimates of policy rates for Dodge Nitro models. Having a better understanding of how car insurance prices are determined can help customers make decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Nitro Heat 2WD||$94||$154||$290||$18||$86||$642||$54|
|Nitro SE 2WD||$94||$154||$290||$18||$86||$642||$54|
|Nitro SE 4WD||$108||$154||$290||$18||$86||$656||$55|
|Nitro SXT 2WD||$108||$154||$290||$18||$86||$656||$55|
|Nitro Heat 4WD||$108||$154||$290||$18||$86||$656||$55|
|Nitro Detonator 2WD||$108||$188||$290||$18||$86||$690||$58|
|Nitro SXT 4WD||$108||$188||$290||$18||$86||$690||$58|
|Nitro Shock 2WD||$108||$188||$290||$18||$86||$690||$58|
|Nitro Detonator 4WD||$108||$188||$290||$18||$86||$690||$58|
|Nitro Shock 4WD||$122||$188||$290||$18||$86||$704||$59|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can revise price quotes greatly.
Cost of full coverage in Durham
The diagram below shows the comparison of Dodge Nitro insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The prices are based on no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no exact formula that is best for determining when to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Nitro book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $300 a year for full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Lower-cost Durham auto insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for before being credited. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Good Student Discount – This discount may save as much as 25% on a Durham car insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used Nitro can get you a discount because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Durham can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down on your Dodge could earn lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Durham can get you a small discount on auto insurance.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some auto insurance companies reward drivers for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current Nitro insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Durham car insurance quotes online.
- Sign Online – A few auto insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up online.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Nitro yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The data is based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
Some companies that may offer quotes with these discounts may include but are not limited to:
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. If you would like to view providers with significant discounts in Durham, click this link.
Auto insurance agents can give valuable advice
A lot of people just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is OK! The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local agencies is especially important in Durham.
By using this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to companies in Durham who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies because prices are sent straight to your inbox. You’ll get the best rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Different types of Durham auto insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a good Durham insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Durham agents are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from.
The following is a partial list of independent agencies in Durham who may provide price quotes.
Superior Insurance of Durham
3825 S Roxboro St #118 – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 224-8034 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are highly trained in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Durham who can help you get price quote information.
Choosing the best auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a low price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
One last thing about your coverage
Cheaper Dodge Nitro insurance in Durham is attainable from both online companies and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies work with independent agencies.
When you buy Durham car insurance online, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Additional learning opportunities
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Durham Car Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Durham? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in Durham? (FAQ)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)