Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that almost 70% of insureds kept their coverage with the same insurance company for well over three years, and nearly half have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Many consumers in North Carolina could save themselves almost 10% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rates online.
The recommended way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Durham is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers in North Carolina. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like traffic citations, accidents, and poor credit rating can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for instructions to keep prices down and get bigger discounts.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Durham. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. This guarantees a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
If you have insurance now or just want a better rate, you will benefit by learning to reduce premiums and still have adequate protection. Finding affordable car insurance coverage in Durham is not that difficult. Comparison shoppers just have to use the most effective way to shop for car insurance from many different companies.
Companies offering GMC Envoy insurance in North Carolina
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Durham, NC. To locate cheap auto insurance in Durham, NC, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Determine discounts on Durham car insurance
Car insurance can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles with the same car insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle may earn a small discount because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your home and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Drive Less and Save – Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for cheaper car insurance rates.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut the cost of your policy.
Large car insurance companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- American Family discounts include mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, good driver, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, air bags, and defensive driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for passive restraint, driver’s education, safe vehicle, multiple policy, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century has savings for early bird, driver training, air bags, teen driver, and good student.
- Travelers offers discounts for good student, continuous insurance, new car, multi-car, and early quote.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including membership and employees, good student, federal employee, multi-vehicle, air bags, driver training, and defensive driver.
If you want affordable Durham auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Savings may not be available in your state. To see insurers with significant discounts in North Carolina, follow this link.
What is the best car insurance coverage?
When selecting the right insurance coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
When to get advice from an insurance agent
A lot of people still like to sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision Experienced insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for small agencies is definitely important in Durham.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Durham that give free quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If you need to compare prices from a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Different types of Durham auto insurance agents
If you want to use local Durham agents, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both provide insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference in how they write coverage since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparison shopping, you absolutely need to check rates from at least one independent agent for the best price selection.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agencies in Durham that can possibly get you price quotes.
Reliable Insurance Agency of North Carolina Inc.
3325 Durham-Chapel Hill Blvd #200 – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 864-9048 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only write with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Durham willing to provide price quote information.
Finding the right insurance agency should include more criteria than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- How long has their agency been in business in Durham?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Durham?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
If you feel you receive acceptable answers to any questions you have as well as cheap Envoy insurance quotes, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that will provide insurance coverage. Keep in mind consumers can cancel your policy whenever you want so don’t assume that you are obligated to a policy for the entire policy term.
Persistence will pay off
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, extreme rates for teen drivers, policy non-renewal or high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
Cheaper auto insurance in Durham can be purchased both online as well as from independent agents in Durham, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to save on GMC Envoy insurance in Durham. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Durham auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
To read more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Who Has Cheap Durham Auto Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Durham Auto Insurance Rates for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Veterans in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra in Durham? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)