It’s hard to believe, but almost 70% of insureds have remained with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. Durham consumers could pocket 10% a year just by comparing rates, but most just don’t grasp the actual amount they would save if they changed companies.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Durham is to compare prices regularly from providers that sell auto insurance in North Carolina. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- It will benefit you to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many things that cause rate increases like traffic citations and a lousy credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper XG350 coverage is available in Durham. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new carrier. Don’t forget to put the new proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
One bit of advice is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
The most recommended method to compare rates for Hyundai XG350 insurance in Durham is to take advantage of the fact car insurance companies participate in a system to quote your coverage. The one thing you need to do is provide details including daily mileage, which vehicles you own, if you have an active license, and your job. Your rating data is instantly provided to many of the top insurers and you should receive rate quotes immediately.
To compare affordable Hyundai XG350 insurance rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer free quotes in Durham, NC. To find the cheapest auto insurance in North Carolina, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Hyundai XG350 in Durham, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to be legal. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your XG350 has a loan, almost all lenders will require that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Hyundai at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Hyundai but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your XG350 more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America is overpaying over $855 a year so shop around at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Durham insurance discounts
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there could be available discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain credits will be shown at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- College Student – Youth drivers living away from Durham attending college without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- Own a Home – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on insurance because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Durham car insurance quote.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Durham car insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
A list of insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-theft, five-year accident-free, federal employee, seat belt use, multi-policy, and military active duty.
- MetLife has discounts for accident-free, claim-free, good student, defensive driver, good driver, and multi-policy.
- State Farm discounts include anti-theft, good student, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, passive restraint, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for multi-car, age of vehicle, ease of repair, type of vehicle, annual mileage, low natural disaster claims, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century includes discounts for student driver, homeowners, automatic seat belts, defensive driver, and driver training.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including safe driver, farm vehicle, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, senior citizen, 55 and retired, and anti-theft.
It’s a good idea to ask all the companies to give you their best rates. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in Durham. To view insurers who offer discounts in North Carolina, follow this link.
When to talk to an insurance agency
Some consumers just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Good agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find lower prices but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is especially important in Durham.
Upon completion of this short form, your information is sent to insurance agents in Durham who will return price quotes to get your business. You won’t need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local Durham insurance agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agencies in Durham are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both can write policy coverage, but we need to point out how they differ since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are appointed with more than one company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rates, it’s recommended you get insurance quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with less well-known companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a small list of independent agents in Durham who can help you get free rate quotes.
- Marsh Dawson Insurance Agency
5410 – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 484-8400 – View Map
- Joshua E. Matthews Insurance Agency, Inc.
2144 Page Rd Suite 106 – Durham, NC 27703 – (919) 598-6800 – View Map
- Hix Insurance Center
1533 Glenn School Road, Building C Unit A-14 – Durham, NC 27704 – (919) 220-3031 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. These agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Durham willing to provide rate quotes.
- Jeff Stephenson – State Farm Insurance Agent
8200 Renaissance Pkwy #1004 – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 572-1702 – View Map
- John Moore – State Farm Insurance Agent
1107 W Main St #201 – Durham, NC 27701 – (919) 598-7900 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Michelle Riley
6015 Fayetteville Rd Ste 115 – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 544-2155 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- What company do they have the most business with?
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Durham is attainable both online and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents.
You just learned a lot of techniques to compare Hyundai XG350 insurance car insurance rates in Durham. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Durham car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best car insurance rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund and questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company can be pretty painless.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles:
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Durham Auto Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)