Want to learn how to save money and find more competitive Chevy Cruze insurance in Durham? No sane person enjoys paying for auto insurance, especially knowing the cost is too high.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that nearly 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. North Carolina insurance shoppers could save roughly 10% each year, but they won’t spend time to shop around.
Steps to finding more affordable Chevy Cruze insurance in Durham
The preferred way to find affordable Chevy Cruze insurance in Durham is to compare quotes annually from different companies in North Carolina.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit score can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for tips to help keep rates affordable and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Cruze coverage is available in Durham. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Tell your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new policy. Make sure you put the new certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. This enables a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
Insurance companies such as Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm continually hit you with TV and radio ads and it is difficult to sift through the bull and take the time to shop coverage around.
It’s a great practice to compare premium rates before your policy renews because insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the lowest rate on Chevy Cruze insurance in Durham at your last renewal there is a good chance you can find better prices now. There are lots of tips to save on Cruze insurance on the web, but in this article, you’re going to get some good information on how to quit paying high auto insurance rates in Durham.
If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these tips to reduce the price you pay without having to cut coverage. Choosing the best rates in Durham is really quite easy. Drivers only need an understanding of the most effective way to compare prices from many companies at once.
Free Durham Chevy Cruze insurance price quotes
The following companies provide price quotes in North Carolina. If you want cheaper car insurance in Durham, we recommend you visit several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, buying auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, most banks will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your auto insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $865 each year so compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
These discounts can lower Chevy Cruze insurance rates
Some insurers don’t necessarily list every discount they offer very clearly, so below is a list both well-publicized and also the lesser-known car insurance savings.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking a defensive driving course could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Durham auto insurance quote.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home can get you a discount because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Paper-free Discount – Some car insurance companies will provide an incentive shop Durham auto insurance over the internet.
- Multi-line Discount – Larger insurance companies have a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable their insurance company to spy on where and when they drive remotely such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates you could get a free car insurance policy, you’re out of luck. But any discount will help lower your overall premium however.
Insurance companies that may have some of the discounts shown above include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company how you can save money. A few discounts may not apply to policies in your state.
Should I talk to an insurance agency?
Some consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Durham.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to you. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
When finding a local Durham insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents may be either independent or exclusive. Both write auto insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand how they are different since it can impact which agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you get quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Durham that can give you pricing information.
These type of agents work for only one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are highly trained on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Durham that are able to give rate quotes.
Picking an insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is the agent properly licensed in North Carolina?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
After you get positive responses to all your questions and a good coverage price, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that can adequately provide auto insurance. Just understand that it’s your policy and you can terminate coverage at any point so don’t assume that you’re stuck with the auto insurance policy with no way to switch.
Which car insurance company is best in North Carolina?
Picking a good quality insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in North Carolina. The company information shown below may help you decide which auto insurance companies to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Durham Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
- The Hartford – 87%
Top 10 Durham Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
Lower rates by being persistent
As you quote Durham auto insurance, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, someone sacrificed full coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
We’ve covered many ideas to save on Chevy Cruze insurance in Durham. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Durham auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with the smaller companies. Smaller companies can often provide lower auto insurance rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Cheap Chevy Cruze insurance in Durham is definitely available both online as well as from independent agents in Durham, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agents.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Chevy Cruze insurance in Durham
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find cheaper Chevy Cruze insurance in Durham is to compare prices once a year from providers who provide auto insurance in North Carolina.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about auto insurance and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper Cruze coverage is available in Durham. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed policy application and payment to your new insurance company. As soon as you have the new policy, keep your new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
An essential thing to point out is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Durham? (FAQ)
- How Much are Durham Auto Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- How Much is Durham Car Insurance for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Police Officers in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Durham Auto Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)