It’s a known fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who compare other prices will presumably switch companies because they have a good chance of finding a policy with better rates. A recent insurance study revealed that drivers who routinely compared rates saved over $860 a year compared to policyholders who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest price on Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Durham is the reason you’re here, then having an understanding of the best way to compare auto insurance can help simplify the process.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get low-cost Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Durham is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers that sell auto insurance in North Carolina.
- Spend some time learning about how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many factors that drive up the price like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a bad credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Read the full article for more details to help reduce premium rates and find additional discounts.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Tell your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new carrier. Once the application is submitted, place the new certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
One tip to remember is to try to compare similar coverage information on each quote and and to analyze all possible companies. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
If you’re already insured or are looking for a new policy, you can use these tips to buy cheaper auto insurance without having to cut coverage. Locating the best rates in Durham is actually quite simple. Drivers only have to learn the most time-saving way to compare prices online.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance can be surprisingly simple. Just spend a little time getting comparison quotes from online providers.
It’s so easy to compare price quotes online that it makes it obsolete to waste gas driving to each insurance agency near you. The fact that you can get quotes online eliminates this option unless your situation requires the trained advice of a licensed agent. Although you can compare online quotes but buy the policy through an agent.
The following companies can provide price quotes in North Carolina. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Durham, NC, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Durham
Car insurance companies don’t list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers that enable data collection to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking time to complete a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
The illustration below compares Chevy Silverado 3500HD auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and their possible discounts are:
- American Family offers discounts for air bags, good student, defensive driver, accident-free, Steer into Savings, and bundled insurance.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for family plan, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, and anti-theft.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good student, defensive driver, multi-policy, accident-free, claim-free, good driver
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for 55 and older, good student, student driver, automatic seat belts, and early bird.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for business and professional, distant student, switch companies, mature driver, and electronic funds transfer.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including farm vehicle, multi-policy, eSmart discount, passive restraint, FullPay discount, and safe driver.
Check with every company the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in your area. If you would like to view providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Durham, click here to view.
Car insurance statistics and figures
The rate table displayed below showcases estimates of insurance coverage prices for Chevy Silverado 3500HD models. Being more informed about how policy rates are figured can help customers make decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$208||$432||$352||$20||$106||$1,118||$93|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Extended Cab 4WD||$208||$432||$352||$20||$106||$1,118||$93|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$208||$374||$282||$16||$84||$964||$80|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$230||$374||$282||$16||$84||$986||$82|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$230||$432||$282||$16||$84||$1,044||$87|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$230||$432||$282||$16||$84||$1,044||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in specific location which can affect coverage rates significantly.
Impact of age and gender on car insurance rates
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Chevy Silverado 3500HD yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The example below compares Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premiums assume no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no definitive formula for eliminating comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Chevy Silverado 3500HD settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are currently paying more than $600 a year for physical damage coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
What Determines Chevy Silverado 3500HD Insurance Prices?
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower auto insurance prices.
The items below are just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
- Safety ratings are a factor – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Chevy Silverado 3500HD earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may cost less to insure.
- Lower stress equals lower rates – Occupations like military personnel, social workers, and miners are shown to have the highest rates due to intense work requirements and long work days. On the other hand, jobs like professors, historians and retirees get better rates.
Driving citations hurt – Even a single driving citation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Good drivers have lower premiums as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have gotten dangerous violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find that they have to to file a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive.
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and at-fault accidents can drive up Chevy Silverado 3500HD yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premiums assume a single female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Youthful drivers cost more – Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Youthful drivers are statistically shown to be less responsible when driving with friends so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
The next chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Consolidate policies and save money – Most major insurance companies give a discount to policyholders that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to compare Chevy Silverado 3500HD rates in Durham to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Annual mileage and car insurance rates – The higher the mileage driven annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies calculate prices based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. Having the wrong rating on your Silverado 3500HD can cost quite a bit. Verify your policy is rated on annual mileage, because it can save money.
- More traffic equals higher premiums – Residing in areas with lower population can save you money when talking about auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims. Drivers in populated North Carolina areas have to deal with more traffic problems and more severe claims. Higher commute times means higher likelihood of an accident.
What if I want to buy from local Durham insurance agencies?
A lot of people just prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Most agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Durham who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. In the event you want to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
The following is a list of auto insurance companies in Durham that may be willing to give price quotes for Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Durham.
Superior Insurance of Durham
3825 S Roxboro St #118 – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 224-8034 – View Map
After getting good answers to any questions you may have as well as offering an affordable quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurer that is professional and can adequately provide car insurance.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Quote. Compare. Save.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can get a better price on Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Durham. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Affordable Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Durham can be found both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer in Durham? (FAQ)
- How Much is Durham Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)