Do you want a faster way to compare more affordable car insurance rates in Durham, NC? Durham consumers have a choice when looking for the lowest priced GMC Canyon insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents trying to get quotes or use the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a better way to shop for car insurance so you're going to learn the best way to get price quotes for a GMC and find the best price possible from Durham insurance agents and online providers.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Durham, NC. To find cheap auto insurance in Durham, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Take policy discounts and save on GMC Canyon insurance in Durham
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but you might find some hidden discounts to help offset the cost. Most are applied when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Distant Student - Children who live away from home at college and don't have a car could get you a discount.
- Clubs and Organizations - Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on your next insurance statement.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Mature Driver Discount - Older drivers can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Good Students Pay Less - Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don't profit that way.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between GMC Canyon car insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The prices are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in North Carolina, click this link.
The rate table shown below showcases different insurance costs for GMC Canyon models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance premiums are determined can be of help when making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Canyon SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$162||$262||$254||$16||$76||$770||$64|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab 2WD||$162||$318||$254||$16||$76||$826||$69|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 2WD||$162||$318||$254||$16||$76||$826||$69|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$162||$318||$254||$16||$76||$826||$69|
|Canyon SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$186||$262||$254||$16||$76||$794||$66|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab Z71 2WD||$186||$318||$254||$16||$76||$850||$71|
|Canyon SLT Ext Cab 2WD||$186||$318||$254||$16||$76||$850||$71|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab 4WD||$186||$262||$254||$16||$76||$794||$66|
|Canyon SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$186||$374||$254||$16||$76||$906||$76|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 4WD||$186||$318||$254||$16||$76||$850||$71|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$210||$318||$254||$16||$76||$874||$73|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab Z71 4WD||$210||$318||$254||$16||$76||$874||$73|
|Canyon SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$210||$318||$254||$16||$76||$874||$73|
|Canyon SLT Ext Cab 4WD||$210||$318||$254||$16||$76||$874||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in specific zip code location which can decrease or increase rates significantly.
The chart below illustrates how your deductible choice and can change GMC Canyon insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The data is based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The information below demonstrates how citations and at-fault claims can increase GMC Canyon insurance costs for each age group. The data assumes a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Auto insurance company ratings
Choosing a good quality auto insurance company is difficult considering how many choices there are in Durham. The information listed below can help you pick which companies to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 Durham Car Insurance Companies Overall
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
Lower Your Durham Insurance Costs
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help determine your premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of things are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, although others are more obscure like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
- Bundle policies to earn discounts - Most larger companies afford lower prices to buyers that purchase more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you're getting this discount it's always a smart idea to comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- High credit scores save money - A driver's credit score can be a huge factor in your rate calculation. Drivers who have very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than those with worse credit. If your credit rating is low, you could pay less to insure your GMC Canyon by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Do you have a tough job? - Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Occupations like military personnel, executives, and stock brokers have higher rates than average attributed to high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. Other jobs like farmers, students and homemakers pay the least.
- Increase comp and collision deductibles to save - Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. A few examples of covered claims would be a broken windshield, damage from fire, and burglary. Physical damage deductibles define the amount the insured will be required to pay before your insurance pays a claim. The more expense you're willing to pay, the less your insurance will be.
- Deter theft and pay less - Buying a car with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can thwart auto theft.
With age comes responsibility - Teenage drivers in North Carolina have been known to be careless and easily distracted when driving and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a beginning driver to your policy can increase premiums substantially. Older, more experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
The next chart is based on a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Loss statistics for a GMC Canyon - Companies use past insurance losses to calculate a price that will offset losses. Models that statistically have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below shows the collected loss data for GMC Canyon vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for GMC Canyon Models Specific GMC Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury GMC Canyon Crew Cab 2WD 54 88 GMC Canyon Crew Cab 4WD 44 71BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years