A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that a large majority of drivers in North Carolina have remained with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save an average of approximately 46.5% each year, but most just don’t grasp the large savings they would see if they replace their high priced policy.
The best way we recommend to find affordable quotes for auto insurance rates in Durham is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers who provide car insurance in North Carolina. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and a poor credit rating can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources. View prices
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Borrego insurance in Durham. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you’re comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Affordable companies for Kia Borrego insurance in North Carolina
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in North Carolina. If you want the best auto insurance in NC, we suggest you compare several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Score discounts on Durham car insurance
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but companies offer discounts that you may not even know about. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a defensive driver class is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings as much as 30%.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Online Discount – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive for signing up over the internet.
- Drivers Education – Have your child enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
Popular car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may have discounts that include membership and employees, defensive driver, federal employee, five-year accident-free, and air bags.
- State Farm offers discounts including Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, good student, safe vehicle, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- Esurance has savings for homeowner, Pac-12 alumni, anti-theft, online quote, claim free, and emergency road assistance.
- The Hartford may include discounts for anti-theft, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, bundle, air bag, good student, and driver training.
Double check with all the companies what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in Durham. To locate providers that offer many of these discounts in North Carolina, click here.
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Durham?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
When should I talk to an insurance agency?
Many drivers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is you may find cheaper auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Durham that can provide free Durham auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to you. It’s the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to compare prices from a particular provider, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurer needs to be determined by more than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Who are their largest clients?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
When finding a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Durham are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand rather than having low rates.
Shown below are Durham exclusive agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- NC Farm Bureau Insurance
2902 S Miami Blvd Ste A – Durham, NC 27703 – (919) 544-4953 – View Map
- James Zewe – State Farm Insurance Agent
3500 Westgate Dr Ste 901 – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 489-0804 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Andrew F Jones
5242 Roxboro Rd Ste C – Durham, NC 27712 – (919) 477-7666 – View Map
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing rates, you should always get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison. Most can insure with companies you’ve never heard of which may have better rates.
Listed below are Durham independent insurance agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Hix Insurance Center
1533 Glenn School Road, Building C Unit A-14 – Durham, NC 27704 – (919) 220-3031 – View Map
- Insurance People-N Carolina
1920 Front St # 750 – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 383-0442 – View Map
- George Stevens Insurance Inc
1320 Hill St – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 403-3611 – View Map
Durham car insurance company ratings
Buying coverage from the best auto insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many different companies sell coverage in Durham. The rank data shown next can help you select which auto insurers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Quote. Compare. Save.
When getting Durham auto insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, someone sacrificed full coverage only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to reduce Kia Borrego insurance premium rates online in Durham. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest premium rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Additional learning opportunities
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Sonata in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Teachers in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Durham Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Durham? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)