A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that about 70% of customers have bought insurance from the same company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. With the average premium in North Carolina being $980, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand the large savings they would see if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
If you want to save money, the best way to find affordable car insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Durham. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Spend some time learning about how insurance works and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many things that cause high rates such as careless driving and a bad credit score can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article provides information to help prevent expensive coverage and get additional discounts.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate in Durham. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to compare all possible companies. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Shop Toyota Sequoia insurance online
When shopping for Toyota Sequoia insurance in Durham there are multiple ways to obtain and compare prices from many available car insurance companies in North Carolina. The fastest way to find the cheapest Toyota Sequoia insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
Just keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons will improve the odds of getting the best offered rates.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Durham, NC. If you wish to find the best car insurance in NC, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three good reasons to insure your Toyota Sequoia
Despite the potentially high cost of Toyota Sequoia insurance, paying for insurance serves several important purposes.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Sequoia, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Toyota at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards both your Toyota Sequoia and your assets. It will also cover medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $750 every year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Coverage statistics and figures
The price information shown next outlines a range of prices for Toyota Sequoia models. Being more informed about how auto insurance premiums are figured can be of help when making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sequoia SR/5 2WD||$188||$328||$240||$14||$72||$842||$70|
|Sequoia SR/5 4WD||$188||$388||$240||$14||$72||$902||$75|
|Sequoia Limited 2WD||$210||$388||$240||$14||$72||$924||$77|
|Sequoia Limited 4WD||$210||$388||$240||$14||$72||$924||$77|
|Sequoia Platinum 2WD||$210||$446||$240||$14||$72||$982||$82|
|Sequoia Platinum 4WD||$210||$446||$240||$14||$72||$982||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in vehicle location which can modify price quotes considerably.
These discounts can slash Toyota Sequoia insurance rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be asked about before they will apply. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Student Discounts – Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your car insurance provider.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Toyota Sequoia car insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The data assumes a female driver, no claims or violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include homeowners, student driver, driver training, automatic seat belts, and early bird.
- State Farm offers discounts including passive restraint, student away at school, defensive driving training, good student, and multiple autos.
- AAA offers discounts for good driver, education and occupation, multi-policy, anti-theft, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for hybrid vehicle, new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, good student, multi-policy, new move discount, and new graduate.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in Durham.
What if I want to buy from local Durham insurance agencies?
Some people just want to buy from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that give free quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. It’s the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurance company requires more thought than just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How often do they review coverages?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Durham?
- Are they full-time agents?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
If you are wanting to find local Durham agents, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are exclusive agents in Durham who can help you get price quote information.
- Marty Lindsey – State Farm Insurance Agent
1852 Hillandale Rd – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 479-9671 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Caufield Agency
4845 Industry Ln Ste D – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 493-7471 – View Map
- Ashley Manuel – State Farm Insurance Agent
5842 Fayetteville Rd #112 – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 544-8101 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company so they can write business through many different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. When comparison shopping, we recommend you get some free quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most can insure with companies you’ve never heard of which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Durham that are able to give price quote information.
- The Sorgi Insurance Agency
16 Consultant Pl Suite 102 – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 682-4814 – View Map
- Superior Insurance Durham North
3808 Guess Rd Suite J – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 973-1507 – View Map
- Protective Agency
4215 University Dr #1 – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 416-4900 – View Map
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When choosing coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions can help discover if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Does my Toyota Sequoia need full coverage?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Find affordable rates by being thorough
Lower-priced auto insurance in Durham can be sourced on the web and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Durham auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not offer rates over the internet and these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
When shopping online for auto insurance, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
You just learned many ideas to find affordable Toyota Sequoia insurance in Durham. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Toyota Sequoia insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with an unexpected company.
More information is available on the following sites:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- How Much are Durham Auto Insurance Rates for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for First-time Drivers in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Sonata in Durham? (FAQ)
- How Much is Durham Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 60 in Durham? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)