It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Consumers who shop around at least once a year will probably buy a different policy because there is a high probability of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent survey discovered that consumers who shopped around annually saved over $865 a year compared to other drivers who never compared rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on auto insurance is your ultimate target, then understanding the best ways to find and compare coverages can make it easier to find better rates.
The easiest way to find cheaper Kia Stinger insurance is to compare quotes annually from providers in Durham.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like your driving record and a negative credit history can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. Read the full article for information to help prevent high rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies. View companies
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Durham. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new agent or company. As soon as you can, put the new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to compare the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Do you qualify for discounts on Kia Stinger insurance in Durham?
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but companies offer discounts to help bring down the price. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for in order for you to get them. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new Stinger is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger insurance carriers have a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Sign Online – Certain auto insurance companies give back up to $50 shop Durham auto insurance on their website.
- Professional Memberships – Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will let one accident slide without raising rates if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Durham auto insurance quote as compared to accident-prone drivers.
Don’t be surprised that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO offers discounts including emergency military deployment, driver training, good student, air bags, daytime running lights, military active duty, and anti-lock brakes.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for anti-theft, low natural disaster claims, multi-car, good student, ease of repair, annual mileage, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including switch companies, business and professional, multi-car, youthful driver, and pay in full.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for multi-policy, safe vehicle, multiple vehicles, group or association, paperless, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for new graduate, exclusive group savings, preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, and safety features.
- SAFECO has savings for teen safe driver, drive less, safe driver, teen safety rewards, and anti-theft.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA may offer discounts for annual mileage, loyalty savings, new vehicle, good student, and multi-policy.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Savings may not be available in your state. To see a list of insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Durham, follow this link.
Finding a better price on insurance can be quick and easy. The only requirement is to take a couple of minutes to get quotes from different insurance companies.
It’s so easy to compare rate quotes online that it makes it obsolete to spend time driving to insurance agents’ offices. Comparing Kia Stinger insurance rate quotes online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional assistance that only an agent can give. Some companies do allow you to price shop online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The companies shown below offer quotes in Durham, NC. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Prices
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that help determine your policy premiums. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with better insurance rates. Many things are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but others are less obvious like where you live or how safe your car is.
Shown below are some of the major factors companies use to determine your premiums.
- Deter vehicle theft – Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder auto theft and help lower rates.
- Tickets can be expensive – Having a single citation may increase your cost substantially. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums as compared to careless drivers. People who have dangerous violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive.
- Too many policy claims will drive rates up – If you file claims often, you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in North Carolina generally give the lowest premiums to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Don’t buy extra policy coverages you don’t need – There are a lot of extra add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships are probably not needed. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
- Do you have a high stress occupation? – Careers such as military personnel, architects, and miners generally pay higher average rates due to intense work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Other professions such as actors, historians and performers have the lowest average rates.
- Low mileage costs less – The more miles you rack up on your Kia in a year the higher your rate. Most companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. It’s a smart idea to ensure your policy is rated on how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Stinger may be costing you.
- Marriage is a factor – Getting married actually saves money when buying insurance. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more stable financially it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- More traffic means higher claims – Being located in a small town has definite advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer people means less chance of accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Urban drivers have more road rage incidents and higher rates of accident claims. Longer commute distances statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
When should I talk to an agent?
Certain consumers just prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents in Durham who will return price quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Any good agent in Durham should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Durham?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
If you feel you receive answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, you may have just found an insurance company that is a good match to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Durham, auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Kia Stinger, most banks will force you to have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Kia and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in North Carolina is overpaying more than $820 a year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Ratings for Durham auto insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the top auto insurance company can be a challenge considering how many choices you have in North Carolina. The company ratings below can help you decide which providers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Durham Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
- The Hartford – 87%
Top 10 Durham Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
You can find cheaper coverage
Budget-friendly car insurance in Durham is definitely available both online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not provide online quoting and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can save on Kia Stinger insurance in Durham. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting low cost Durham auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Much more information about car insurance in North Carolina is located at these links:
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Durham Car Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Durham? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)