If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find lower priced car insurance rates in Durham is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers who provide auto insurance in North Carolina.
- Get an understanding of how insurance works and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price like accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit history can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives tips to lower rates and find hidden discounts.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on NX 200t insurance. If you can save money and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new company or agent. Once the application is submitted, keep the new certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
One tip to remember is that you use similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
It goes without saying that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. People who get price comparisons will presumably move their business because there is a good probability of finding lower prices. A recent car insurance study discovered that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved an average of $72 a month compared to policyholders who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the most affordable Lexus NX 200t insurance in Durham is the reason for your visit, then learning about how to shop for insurance coverage can make the process less intimidating.
The companies in the list below can provide free quotes in Durham, NC. To locate the best cheap auto insurance in Durham, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Durham insurance discounts for a Lexus NX 200t
Some providers do not advertise every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down some of the best known and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Durham auto insurance online.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Durham auto insurance depending on your company.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring all your vehicles with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Paperwork-free – Many larger companies will give a small break for completing your application on the internet.
- Memberships – Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break when getting a Durham auto insurance quote.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Auto insurance companies who offer life insurance give lower premium rates if you buy a life policy as well.
Don’t be shocked that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- GEICO may have discounts that include seat belt use, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including IntelliDrive, student away at school, early quote, save driver, payment discounts, and driver training.
- Nationwide offers discounts for good student, family plan, multi-policy, defensive driving, and easy pay.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for good student, homeowner, mature driver, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, and early shopping.
- Esurance has savings for online shopper, claim free, homeowner, good student, and Switch & Save.
- State Farm includes discounts for passive restraint, defensive driving training, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for low natural disaster claims, annual mileage, location of vehicle, ease of repair, multi-car, good student, and professional/association.
If you need inexpensive Durham auto insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but others are less obvious such as your credit history or your commute time. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower rates.
The following are most of the major factors that factor into premiums.
Do you really need the extra coverages? – Insurance policies have a lot of additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your NX 200t policy. Coverages for rental car coverage, towing coverage, and extra equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when you first buy your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past consider taking them off your policy.
Physical damage deductibles – Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be colliding with a stationary object, vandalism, and damage from wind. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Liability limits on your policy – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever you are determined to be liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Cheaper premiums using alarms and GPS tracking – Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent your car from being stolen.
You may want advice from an agent
Some people prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing so can bring peace of mind Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap insurance quotes and also buy local.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents in Durham that can provide free Durham auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to you. If you wish to compare rates from a particular provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Picking an company requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Are they full-time agents?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
When searching for a good Durham insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance policy providers can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well trained in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Durham who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Tracey Stidham – State Farm Insurance Agent
3622 Shannon Rd #102 – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 401-6147 – View Map
- Debbie Leonard – State Farm Insurance Agent
3702 Hillsborough Rd #2b – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 383-3887 – View Map
- Jeff Stephenson – State Farm Insurance Agent
8200 Renaissance Pkwy #1004 – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 572-1702 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
These agents often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to compare quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most also have access to small mutual carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are independent agencies in Durham that can give you comparison quotes.
- Reliable Insurance Agency of North Carolina Inc.
3325 Durham-Chapel Hill Blvd #200 – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 864-9048 – View Map
- Superior Insurance of Durham
3825 S Roxboro St #118 – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 224-8034 – View Map
- Hix Insurance Center
1533 Glenn School Road, Building C Unit A-14 – Durham, NC 27704 – (919) 220-3031 – View Map
Don’t give up on affordable premiums
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers, unfair underwriting practices and even poor customer service. Regardless of your reason, switching car insurance companies can be less work than you think.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to lower your Lexus NX 200t insurance prices in Durham. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Durham auto insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest prices come from a lesser-known regional company.
When searching for the cheapest Lexus NX 200t rate quotes, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced collision coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford.