We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Insureds who rate shop once a year will, in all likelihood, switch companies because the odds are good of finding a cheaper policy. A study showed that people who make a habit of shopping around saved on average $72 a month as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding low prices for Lexus SC 430 insurance in Durham is your objective, understanding how to quote and compare insurance premiums can help make the process easier.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get the cheapest Lexus SC 430 insurance in Durham is to annually compare prices from companies that sell auto insurance in North Carolina. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like traffic citations, accidents, and a negative credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Get quotes now
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper SC 430 coverage is available. If you find better rates and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a completed application to the newly selected company. As soon as you can, put the proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
A good piece of advice is to try to compare the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Comparing rates for affordable auto insurance policy in Durham is not as time-consuming as you think. Practically each driver who is shopping for auto insurance will more than likely find a lower-cost company. Nevertheless, North Carolina vehicle owners do need to understand how the larger insurance companies sell insurance online because it varies considerably.
Just remember that more quotes will enable you to find better pricing. Not every company provides Durham SC 430 insurance quotes online, so it’s important to compare prices from those companies as well.
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in North Carolina. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Lexus SC 430 with a loan, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Lexus at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your Lexus SC 430. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying car insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $800 each year so you should quote and compare rates every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Car insurance statistics and figures
The rate table below outlines estimates of rate quotes for Lexus SC 430 models. Having knowledge of how insurance rates are figured can benefit drivers when making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|SC 430 2-Dr Convertible
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Prices above based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can revise coverage rates greatly.
Analysis of deductible levels
A question often asked by Durham drivers is which deductibles should you choose. The following insurance rates can help you understand the differences in price when you select higher and lower insurance deductibles. The first rate table uses a $250 deductible for comp and collision and the second price grid uses a $1,000 deductible.
|SC 430 2-Dr Convertible
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
|SC 430 2-Dr Convertible
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in garaging location in Durham which can raise or lower rates noticeably.
We can derive from the above data that using a $250 deductible costs an average of $26 more each month or $312 a year across all Lexus SC 430 models than opting for the higher $1,000 deductible. Since you would have to pay $750 more to file a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you usually have more than 29 months between claims, you would probably save some money by selecting a higher deductible. The table below shows an example of how you can come to your own conclusion.
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:
|Average monthly premium for $1,000 deductibles (subtract):
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:
|Difference between deductibles ($1,000 – $250):
|Divide difference by monthly savings:
|$750 / $26
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible
One important caveat is that higher deductibles means you will have to pay more out-of-pocket at claim time. That will force you to have enough money in the bank in the event you have to pay more to get your vehicle repaired.
Annual premiums for males versus females in Durham
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Lexus SC 430 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Cheap Durham car insurance rates with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there are discounts available that may help make it more affordable. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but a few must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Professional Memberships – Being in a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on your bill.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers that enable data collection to look at their driving habits by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current SC 430 insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can get you a discount because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military can result in better rates.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for all your vehicles with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course in school.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Lexus SC 430 auto insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The data is based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for vehicle fuel type, bundle, anti-theft, good student, air bag, and driver training.
- American Family may include discounts for bundled insurance, early bird, air bags, defensive driver, good student, and Steer into Savings.
- Progressive discounts include good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers may have discounts that include home ownership, hybrid/electric vehicle, continuous insurance, early quote, driver training, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for pay in full, youthful driver, bundle discounts, teen driver, mature driver, alternative fuel, and business and professional.
- USAA has savings for safe driver, vehicle storage, military installation, loyalty savings, annual mileage, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including teen driver discount, safety features, newly married, multi-policy, newly retired, hybrid vehicle, and new graduate.
Double check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in Durham. To find insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in North Carolina, click this link.
Local neighborhood agents and auto insurance
Some people still prefer to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain lower rates and also buy local. Buying from local insurance agents is definitely important in Durham.
By using this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Durham that provide free Durham car insurance quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you would like to find a good Durham insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Durham are either independent or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not employed by one company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing auto insurance rates, we recommend you include price quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. Most have the option of insuring with smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Durham who can help you get price quotes.
- Superior Insurance of Durham
3825 S Roxboro St #118 – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 224-8034 – View Map
- George Stevens Insurance Inc
1320 Hill St – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 403-3611 – View Map
- Knox Insurance Agency
200 Meredith Dr Suite 104 – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 313-6411 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Many people use the same agent mainly due to the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Durham who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Michael D. Maffeo
2705 N Duke St Ste 203 – Durham, NC 27704 – (919) 479-5085 – View Map
- Jeff Stephenson – State Farm Insurance Agent
8200 Renaissance Pkwy #1004 – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 572-1702 – View Map
- James Zewe – State Farm Insurance Agent
3500 Westgate Dr Ste 901 – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 489-0804 – View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
Frequent quotes can save
We’ve covered a lot of ways to reduce Lexus SC 430 insurance prices online in Durham. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with the smaller companies.
When getting Durham car insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, policy cancellation, poor customer service or delays in paying claims. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new auto insurance company can be easier than you think.
Additional detailed information can be found in the articles below:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Durham? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)