Inconceivable but true, most car insurance policyholders in North Carolina renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many consumers in the U.S. can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find affordable quotes for auto insurance rates in Durham is to do an annual price comparison from providers who sell auto insurance in North Carolina.
- Gain an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a not-so-good credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives information to lower rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. Click to view companies
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
An important note is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to compare every company you can. This helps ensure a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
If you have insurance now or just want cheaper rates, follow these tips to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. Buying affordable auto insurance policy in Durham is not as difficult as people think. Consumers just have to know the most efficient way to quote multiple rates online.
Lowering your Mercury Milan auto insurance rates is an easy way to save money. Just spend a few minutes on the computer comparing price quotes from different insurance companies.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in North Carolina. To get the cheapest car insurance in Durham, NC, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Get cheap rates on Mercury Milan insurance in Durham with these discounts
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will be applied at quote time, but a few need to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some larger companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current Milan insurance policy expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles can earn slightly better prices than normal.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them with the same company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Senior Citizens – Seniors may qualify for better car insurance rates.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Mercury Milan premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums assume a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include youthful driver, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, multi-policy, and driver training.
- State Farm offers discounts for accident-free, multiple policy, good driver, passive restraint, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, and good student.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, and multi-policy.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, premier plus, resident student, teenSMART discount, and safe driver.
- Nationwide offers discounts including business or organization, family plan, accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driving, and Farm Bureau membership.
- MetLife discounts include defensive driver, accident-free, claim-free, good driver, multi-policy, good student
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Durham, click here to view.
Insurance statistics for a Mercury Milan
The data table below covers detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Mercury Milan models. Understanding how insurance premiums are figured can aid in making smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Milan Premier AWD||$122||$222||$218||$12||$66||$640||$53|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in Durham location which can increase or decrease insurance rates greatly.
The example below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can change Mercury Milan insurance rates for each different age group. The data is based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insurance premiums based on gender
The chart below shows the comparison of Mercury Milan annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Costs
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the things that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with lower car insurance prices. Lots of factors are considered when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but others are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Choosing to buy a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems help track and prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Too many insurance claims drive up prices – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Auto insurance companies in North Carolina generally give discounts to people who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
Pay less with a high safety rating – Cars with five star safety ratings cost less to insure. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Mercury scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
Do you save by driving less? – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than cars that get driven a lot. Ask your agent if your car insurance coverage properly reflects the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having the wrong rating on your Milan can result in significantly higher rates.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
A lot of people prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Professional insurance agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Durham.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents that can give you free Durham car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Below are agents in Durham that can give you rate quotes for Mercury Milan insurance in Durham.
- Insurance People-N Carolina
1920 Front St # 750 – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 383-0442 – View Map
- Farm Bureau Insurance
4021 Stirrup Creek Dr #220a – Durham, NC 27703 – (919) 469-3191 – View Map
- NC Farm Bureau Insurance
2902 S Miami Blvd Ste A – Durham, NC 27703 – (919) 544-4953 – View Map
- Zonya Autmon – State Farm Insurance Agent
2402 S Miami Blvd #103 – Durham, NC 27703 – (919) 993-3555 – View Map
Picking an insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in North Carolina?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
Ratings for North Carolina car insurance companies
Ending up with a highly-rated insurance company can be a challenge considering how many choices you have in Durham. The company information displayed below can help you select which auto insurance companies you want to consider comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Durham Car Insurance Companies Overall
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, denial of a claim, delays in paying claims and extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company can be pretty painless.
Low-cost Mercury Milan insurance in Durham can be sourced on the web and with local Durham insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not offer internet price quotes and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
When searching for the cheapest Mercury Milan rate quotes, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost.
Additional detailed information can be found at these sites:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Durham Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Durham Auto Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)