Want to learn a better way to compare lower-priced Mercury Montego insurance in Durham? Sick and tired of being strong-armed to pay your insurance bill each month? You’re in the same situation as most other drivers in North Carolina.
Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. People who compare other prices will most likely buy a different policy because there is a significant possibility of finding a cheaper policy. A recent study showed that consumers who compared prices regularly saved as much as $865 a year compared to policyholders who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving money on insurance is your ultimate goal, then having an understanding of how to shop for cheaper coverage can help you succeed in saving money.
Numerous insurance companies battle to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance company and get the best coverage at the best rates possible on Mercury Montego insurance in Durham.
The best way we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Mercury Montego insurance in Durham takes advantage of the fact car insurance companies provide online access to give you rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide information such as your job, marital status, if it has an alarm system, and whether you have decent credit. That information is automatically sent to multiple different insurance companies and you receive quotes immediately.
To find the cheapest Mercury Montego insurance rates, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Durham.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price comparisons in North Carolina. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Durham, we suggest you click on several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
You may qualify for discounts for Mercury Montego insurance in Durham
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list every policy discount very clearly, so the below list has both well-publicized and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- College Student – Children who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Discount for Good Grades – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with the same insurance company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home can help you save on auto insurance because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable driving data submission to look at driving patterns by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Large auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, accident-free, TimeAway discount, early bird, and bundled insurance.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, easy pay, defensive driving, and business or organization.
- MetLife offers discounts for multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, accident-free, claim-free, good driver
- 21st Century offers discounts including defensive driver, 55 and older, student driver, driver training, homeowners, and automatic seat belts.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for good student, alternative fuel, bundle discounts, switch companies, business and professional, multi-car, and distant student.
- Allstate has discounts for anti-theft, economy car, premier plus, anti-lock brakes, premier discount, and safe driver.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in Durham. To see a list of auto insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Durham, click this link.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Montego has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Mercury for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Mercury but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average driver in North Carolina is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Local neighborhood Durham car insurance agents
Some people just want to get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but also keep your business local.
By using this short form, the quote information gets sent to participating agents in Durham that can provide free Durham auto insurance quotes for your business. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurance company should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Any agent in Durham should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- How long have they been in business?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
When looking for a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they operate. Agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are well schooled on the products they sell which can be an advantage.
The following are Durham exclusive agencies that can give you rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent often have many company appointments and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to check rates from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Below are Durham independent agents that can give you price quotes.