The recommended way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from insurers in Durham. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
First, it will benefit you to learn about how insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like speeding and an imperfect credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies. Get quotes now
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and to quote with as many different companies as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Consumers who perform rate comparisons are inclined to switch to a new company because they have good chances of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey discovered that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved on average $860 a year compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest price for auto insurance is your goal, learning how to compare coverage rates can make it easier to find better rates.
Shopping around for the most affordable protection in Durham is not that difficult. If you are already insured or want to find a cheaper company, use these techniques to shop for the lowest rates and still have adequate protection. Vehicle owners just need to use the least time-consuming way to compare rate quotes online.
Companies offering Pontiac G8 insurance in North Carolina
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Durham, NC. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Durham, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Cheaper Durham car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has a few of the more common and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Safety Course Discount – Passing a class that teaches defensive driving techniques can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower price if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Durham and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies provide a discount for renewing your policy prior to your current G8 insurance policy expiring. You could save around 10% when you buy Durham car insurance online.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates you could get a free car insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
To locate providers with discount rates in Durham, click here to view.
How to know if you need help
When quoting and choosing a policy, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Should I buy only the required North Carolina minimum liability coverage?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- What if I total my Pontiac G8 and owe more than it’s worth?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Is my Pontiac G8 covered for flood damage?
- How much liability insurance is required?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Do I need an insurance agency?
A small number of people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Professional insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap insurance rates and also buy local. Buying from local agencies is especially important in Durham.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to companies in Durham who will give competitive quotes for your business. You won’t need to leave your house because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, you just need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Listed below are agents in Durham that can give you price quote information for Pontiac G8 insurance in Durham.
- Triangle Insurance Alliance
2530 Meridian Pkwy #300 – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 322-3640 – View Map
- George Stevens Insurance Inc
1320 Hill St – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 403-3611 – View Map
- Jeff Stephenson – State Farm Insurance Agent
8200 Renaissance Pkwy #1004 – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 572-1702 – View Map
- The Insurance Pros, Inc.
1210 Cole Mill Rd Suite 101 – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 294-6613 – View Map
Choosing an insurer needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Durham should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Does the agent help file claims?
Durham car insurance companies ranked
Picking the best car insurance company is difficult considering how many choices you have in North Carolina. The ranking information in the lists below could help you pick which car insurance providers you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Durham Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
Shop smart and save
People switch companies for many reasons like policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
When getting Durham car insurance quotes online, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Some insurance companies may not offer rates over the internet and these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agencies. The cheapest Pontiac G8 insurance in Durham can be bought from both online companies and with local Durham insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection.
Much more information about auto insurance in North Carolina can be found below:
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Durham? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota 4Runner in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Durham Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)